Wot in an Oppressed Nation

Okay

Should i spend 70$ on a Flying motorcycle a fat moogle blimp and a pretty dress?

1 Like

That’s literally what happened, and it wasn’t even Hollywood’s fault this time. Michael Crichton did that in the original novel. And he wrote a letter of apology to the paleontologist who helped him, but he went with “velociraptor” because it sounded scarier.

They were bigger than chickens, but not much bigger than a golden retriever at most.

just get the fat chocobo and get married for the free dress

I don’t think i could pay somebody to marry me.

Also i found this and i love it so i’m sharing it with you people.

you don’t that’s why it’s free

I’ll marry you for 10 gil, take it or leave it.

I don’t have any Gil i was robbed by a tiny potato man with a giant mustache.

I’ll accept a rain check.

Interesting.

I really should consider getting the books some time. I hear they’re very different to the movies. Like, actual horror stories with dinosaurs rather than an adventure.

Yeah, that’s accurate. I didn’t really enjoy them (actually, I don’t remember why I read them), but that’s because I don’t care for horror. If you do, they’re probably pretty good. Crichton is popular for a reason.

I miss my magpies. My little flying army of doom and shenanigans. I’d go out and feed them little hand-made balls of beef mince, grated cheese and pieces of bread-crust, and the babies are absolutely adorable and cheeky little balls of grey fluff that I could pick up and feed, much to the ire of the parents who would peck the heck out of my ankles because I turning their babies into Rosie O’Donnell.

Best of all, my magpies have come back to me after being taken away by the RSPCA and relocated to a nature preserve (and I know they’re mine because Goober popped right down onto my shoulder as soon as I got out of the car after work and started rubbing his head on my jaw and making the chick feed-me peeping noise), as have my possums who apparently escaped from their new home in the habitat across town a few days ago and have re-colonized all the nests I made for them in the mulberry tree, so I am officially reclaiming my title as Resident Forum Australian Satan Disney Princess and my neighbours are already preparing new ice-cream container helmets for their spawn and giving me dirty looks.

Nothing quite like the RSPCA officer driving past, seeing me with a lap full of possums all demanding brushies and yelling “GOD DAMMIT!” at top of her lungs.

They will pry my babies from my cold, dead hands.

4 Likes

How does one make friends with corvids? I’ve always been fascinated by the genus, they’re all super smart. We don’t have magpies in North America, and I don’t even know if there are bluejays in Oregon, but there are crows around here.

Crows are filthy, carrion-eating disease vectors and I like them, fight me.

you give them food and don’t bother them

The black-billed magpie lives in North America, and is very pretty.

https://d1ia71hq4oe7pn.cloudfront.net/photo/70580991-480px.jpg

I love these.

But I’ve never seen one in person. They do exist in Oregon and Washington, but not in the western areas of said states.

We do have steller’s jays around where I live, and a while back I noticed that they were making bird-of-prey screeches near the bird feeders to make the other birds go away. Last summer, at least one of them (I suspect the same one every time, but I couldn’t tell them apart if it wasn’t) started making chicken noises at me. I suppose it had watched me at the coop, and thought I might respond to the presence of chicken noises by dropping chicken feed wherever I happened to be.

I love me a Utahraptor. Fav dino hands down. 2nd goes to Iguanodon, (owing a lot to a particular roller coaster in old Animal Kingdom).

I flippin’ love dinosaurs.

Remember that old Discovery documentary (I think it was a series of episodes, possibly), back in
 2002ish? I remember watching it in my biology class my senior year. Every day I’d come in and go to my teacher, “We gonna watch dinosaurs today?”

“No, we have notes to take on–”

“BUT DINOSAURS.”

He’d faux-sigh heavily and then capitulate.

Everyone thought I was just trying to enable slackery. No. I was riveted. IIRC it was one of the first big declarations of the theories that dinosaurs had feathers–especially that instead of feathers being highly-specialized scales, that it was actually the other way around.

Sorry, I’ll stop. I just get giddy.

If I had to pick a favorite dinosaur, I’d probably say the Allosaurus. I remember watching a documentary called Walking with Dinosaurs (Which was before they started finding signs that dinos might actually have been feathered, I believe), and it always fascinated me how they reconstructed how they expected the Allosaurus hunted. They were like 
lions of their time, or something.

These days they even think that, based on the way the body of the Allosaurus evolved, they actually swung their heads down when they bit you, like an axe! Their jaws were apparently capable of opening quite wide so
 there might be something to that? I need a more up to date book on dinosaurs or something (I do like reading online but I prefer books for this sort of thing /oldschool).

Oh, and Big Al. I wept for Big Al
 taken out by a mis-step. All because those little dinos looked so tasty and he was so hungry and decided to give them a go.

This scene gave me nightmares as a kid.

They need to give this game the RE2 Remake treatment.

1 Like

Also, in regards to magpies, I remember having a magpie friend when I used to live in an area of South Australia called the Fleurieu Peninsula. This magpie used to come to the house my dad and I lived in and we’d always leave out food for him. He let us get heaps close too!

I named him Barney.

after Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

Sigh I sure do miss Barney

I wholeheartedly agree. I really need some kind of dinosaur game. A Dino-crisis game, especially.

Also, this freaking WoW logo is making me A N G E R Y. I want Ariiah to have her face back D: