Wot in an Oppressed Nation

Disgusting.

You have reached level 5.

Would you like to purchase an experience card to proceed to level 6?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hi there friends!! I just wanted to give you all a big thank you and an update!

Thanks to the love of the community, I was able to get some awareness around my situation and I got a new job, thus avoiding deportation! I work for an awesome software company now and I am enjoying WoW Classic like I did back in 2005!

You are all amazing. Much love friends.!

13 Likes

Holy crap, thatā€™s great to hear! You dodged a major bullet, man. Is it okay if I ask what company you work at?

2 Likes

I recently lost someone to the internment camps, so believe me when I say, it makes me happy to know someone avoided the naz- I mean ICE.

7 Likes

Happy to hear youā€™re still safe.

1 Like

Just read a story about how a player with muscular dystrophy was banned for using a voice command program to play. When he tried to explain his situation, he got a response all too familiar to myself- after reviewing the ticket, we have concluded the appropriate actions have been taken, and your suspension will not be overturned at this time.

Now Iā€™ve gotten punished for some real sketchy reasons, and been ignored, but for having muscular dystrophy? This a whole new level of scummy, and goes to demonstrate the callousness, apathy, and sometimes seemingly disdain that Blizzard mods hold for players.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s beyond ridiculous. I hope the ticket got pushed up to a higher level of dispute because that feels like discrimination to me :frowning:

4 Likes

If this was the same person on Reddit, I read in that thread that the CMs looked into it and got their ban overturned.

Which, granted, that still leaves us with the fact that this person would still be banned if their post didnā€™t happen to blow up on reddit, and the fact that theyā€™ll probably be gleefully banned with the same song and dance in a few monthā€™s time for Warden detecting that exact same software, but at least we got a happy ending for now, I suppose.

4 Likes

Yeah I myself just heard that because he got enough support, they were forced to actually listen.

At best, this is a case where the ticket wasnā€™t really read and sent a copy paste response. Which happens a LOT, if I had to make an educated guess.

At worst, they were presented with a solid argument and reasoning why they were wrong to suspend him, took it personal, got angry, got unprofessional, and simply ignored it out of spite. Which also happens a lot. Because of the severity of this, I see this as less likely, but sadly still possible.

3 Likes

The system seems to be automated. Which makes sense given the rumors Iā€™ve read here and there that a lot of the 800 layofs were in CS, and goes along with what Iā€™ve been saying.

That Blizzards chief concern is making as much money as possible while spending as little as possible.

3 Likes

That does make sense, except Iā€™ve gotten very specific, personally insulting emails from mods before. Being called a homophobe, for instance.

Why? Because someone was bashing gay people, and I said so. They told me that by calling out that behavior, I was doing the same thing they were.

6 Likes

The ones left are lazy and you were making them do their job

2 Likes

Oh boy is it time for a daily reminder that Blizzard Entertainment are full of spineless cowards that are neither deserving of your dollars nor respect or understanding for their innumerous failures?

9 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s definitely time for a daily reminder that Failshard are full of spineless wimp that donā€™t deserve anything from you, except your scorn and anger.

I really, really donā€™t like that seemingly the only way to get Blizzard to pay attention to something nowadays is by putting them on blast on social media.

8 Likes

It really is, too. Which is absolutely insane. Theyā€™ve designed this system where they legally have no accountability. You canā€™t complain about a mod to anyone, for example. If youā€™re treated poorly by one, too bad. You canā€™t ā€œspeak to a managerā€. Iā€™ve gotten some truly unprofessional and nasty emails from them, and Iā€™ve considered posting them on twitter because thereā€™s no other avenue. If you get too specific on here? Banned. Want to contact someone who can help when the people SUPPOSED to be helping arenā€™t? Canā€™t. That person does not exist.

Itā€™s a system that may save them some pennies short term, but then stuff like this guy with MD starts popping up and theyā€™re gonna have a PR poopstorm on their hands.

4 Likes

Blizzard used to have contact information where you could escalate things. There was an email address and a phone number to follow up on any interactions with forum or in-game mods.

Those are defunct now. Thereā€™s no contact in formation anywhere on their sites. Youā€™re not meant to be able to do anything about it if their personnel mistreat you at all, and their enforcement systems are all as automated as possible, so nobody working there has the slightest motivation to do their jobs well.

3 Likes

Emperor palpatine voice

Do it.

4 Likes