Wot in an Oppressed Nation

I’d say Spider-gwen counts as her own unique character.

1 Like

I want an into the spider verse movie with Emma Stone as Spider Gwen.

(Dont know who’d they cast as Miles Morales)

I talked about it in Discord and I’ll say it here again.

I want a super edgy squirrel girl movie.

Her aunt dies, she’s raised by her weird uncle who gets younger and younger as time goes on, (and more attractive), she becomes a superhero after getting bitten by a rabid squirrel. Her aunt dies when she lets a criminal go because she was being selfish and it’s all her fault.

Her last movie ends with her getting a weird suit and dancing. It’s kind of out of place but everybody’ll love it. I swear.

The problem with “why not just make NEW characters that are women or queer or PoC?” is that the comic company overlords will cancel those series if they don’t immediately sell as well as [established series with super popular character who has been around for 60 years].

The fact that a character like Spider Gwen, for example, has stuck around as long as she has is miraculous. You will however notice that she is not a totally new character, either. Can you name a relatively recent, totally new character that isn’t anchored to another, pre-existing character with big popularity points?

As someone who is a very, very casual comic fan (the biggest & most money-making group of fans), I sure can’t. Jessica Jones, maybe? But she’s definitely tied to some other heroes in the MCU – I’m just not sure whether that was her basis or if it came afterward. She’s also got some uh, rough stuff, let’s say, in her backstory, which is an entirely different but related issue.

5 Likes

lets just put everything thats more than 50 yrs old in the public domain so they can’t make money off batman anymore and they’re forced to make new characters

1 Like

Plus then I can finally make cash money off my novel where super man helps bilbo on his journey into narnia

Does Ganandalf kill Dumbledorf?

Spit it out, Versca!

No but Joffrey kills Saruman who was really Lukes father all along.

I never did like Joffrey.

I’m typing on my phone and it’s hard and now there’s too much pressure oh no :sob::sob:

I’ll hunt you to the ends of the earth.

Like I said, nostalgia is strangling entertainment.

Spawn is the only example I can really think of. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, people are unaware of just how much attitudes and beliefs dating back to the late 1800’s still continue to shape the media landscape today. Especially in genre fiction: your sci-fi, fantasy, horror, westerns, etc.

Changing things up in these genres, especially how they deal with anyone who isn’t a surrogate for a heterosexual Christian white male from the US/UK, often means addressing and subverting many of the unspoken underlying assumptions these genres are built upon. It can make things uncomfortable.

In Final fantasy news.

Got nightmare farming Dark knight tank mount.
Finished level 70 fishing
Hit 69 on Dark knight planning to grind to 70 and finally do 60-70 Dark knight quest

Oh and i got kicked out of a Sophia bird farm group because i offended the party leader by saying i already had the bird and was only interested in her bead drop.

I may have made a lewd joke about the bead.

I just finally saw the new Cats trailer.

I cannot believe anybody thought this was a good idea and I’m probably gonna go see it just to gawk at the insanity oh wait I see what they did.

We are in a world where Hollywood thought a blue mutant freakazoid would make a good Sonic movie, you know.

2 Likes

No, not that one. That’s an actual good freakazoid.

the one pretending to be Sonic is a creautre that needs to be put down.

https://i.imgur.com/uJuQuRA.jpg

it’s me. gotta speed, jeed.

4 Likes