Wot in an Oppressed Nation

If collateral damage and potential innocents being harmed weren’t factors, then I would happily let them earn those Darwin awards since they seem so damn desperate to get them.

1 Like

Shift is over, nobody died, let’s do this same time tomorrow!

And I just made myself sad…

Not even the darwin contenders?

Because you’re going back tomorrow or because no one Darwin’d out?

Fun fact- tossed cigarettes do not burn hot enough to ignite gasoline. Technically they can get close while actually being smoked but you can toss a lit one on a puddle and it won’t do anything. Another factor is that it isn’t the liquid that ignites- it is the vapor, and in an open area like a gas station it is extremely unlikely that any would be sustained enough to catch.

With that said, it is still very, very stupid to try and seeing people do it at the pump drives me nuts, even knowing that.

Yes.

10 char

1 Like

I almost broke my nintendo switch because of bloodstained ritual of the night.

I was missing one enemy to complete the enemy list so i looked it up and the text told me how to spawn the enemy.

It neglected to warn me that spawning the enemy basically hit you with a early 2000s “Screamer” Jumpscare."

I about had a panic attack when I found someone smoking at a diesel pump - they literally just… tossed, the butt into a puddle of diesel to extinguish it.

Wow who could’ve thought smokers would have casual disregard for the health of themselves and people around them?

5 Likes

My parents and grandmother still insist on smoking when I’m in the car, even though I have… -visible-, trouble breathing when they do.

1 Like

Are you the one driving the car, by chance?

1 Like

I tried that excuse, it doesn’t work. They just kind of roll down the window and ignore me - my mother can just drive herself places, though. My grandmother’ll whine until someone drives her around.

Maybe Mom should drive Grandma and leave you completely out of things?

She works during the day. I work at night.

I’m at home when grandmother wants to go places.

:frowning:

Edit —> fortunately, my grandmother does not actually live in the same state as we do, so this is only a problem when she’s visiting. Which is not right now. My asthmatic lungs live to see another day.

https://kotaku.com/fire-at-kyoto-animation-sixteen-confirmed-dead-and-sus-1836473998

This is horrible.

1 Like

Last update I heard the death toll was 33. That’s nearly half that company’s staff.

Kyoani has always supported its employees very well, which means among other things the studio had an attached childcare facility. I’m terrified to learn what happened to that.

1 Like

Sweet jesus that’s horrible.

This may be morbid, but I will be very interested to hear if the arsonist was a former employee driven beyond the brink by Japan’s insane social push to work beyond your limits, or just another person who opted out of the rat-race, got lost in a pleasant fantasy that got canceled and started lashing out at the real world in the worst possible way.

Either way, this is horrible.

He claimed they stole from him. Also, this company is apparently the gold standard for treating its animators well.

I don’t care what his delusional reason for doing what he did was. String him up 33 people lost their lives pointlessly because of him he deserves to be put down like an animal.

4 Likes