Worth starting now in 2019

I’m just curious, is it worth it to start playing WoW now? As in starting over from scratch? If so, what should I be focusing on as there is so many levels now and so many places? Would it just be never ending game of playing catch up at this point? I appreciate all your feedback. I’m a casual player. An hour or two in the evenings and occasionally several hours on the weekend.

In general, they’re pretty good about adding things to help people catch up. While there’s now 120 levels to get through, it takes less time than it originally took to get to 60 when the game was new. There are also catch up mechanics to help you get geared up at max level so it’s really not too bad to get to where other players are.

Of course, there’s no need to rush to that point either. There’s lots of game to explore, and lots of quests and story to see before max level. I’ll be honest, I spend a good chunk of my time running around on non-max level alts because I find it fun. If you’re looking for more group play, then you’ll have an easier time finding people at max level, and might want to focus on leveling quickly, but otherwise, there’s lots to explore even below 120.

2 Likes

I just started here in 2019 and having a blast, yeah the levels are a bit overwhelming but i love the journey more than anything and seeing the progression of the character way better than buying the level up in my opinion:)

3 Likes

Yes! The game is super fun to play through and there’s so much story to explore! My favorite starting zones are:
Worgen: you feel so involved!
Draenei: you feel lost and like you need to explore
Pandaren: gives you the best understanding of horde vs alliance and really tugs on your heart strings! I’ve done this one 3 times!!!

Playing through all the expansions is exciting and Blizzard crunches levels so that getting to 120 isn’t as difficult as you might think! Really get a feel for the game before you try to rush to end game! You’re gonna love it!

1 Like