Worth committing to holy?

Obviously no one can really say exactly how holy will be in shadowlands , but coming from a player that returned a few months ago that has exclusively played tank/dps since wrath . I was wondering would it be worth to relearn healer, and if so has Paladin been consistent ?

As you say, we can’t really know for sure how things will turn out in SL but to me Holy Paladin looks life the safest bet, for PvE at least (I don’t do much PvP so idk there).

Holy Paladin has been a staple in Raids for a long time and very good in M+ since the start: It was No1 for most of Legion and remained No1/No2 trough it; in BFA it has been top3, fairly close to the ones above and with a clear gap between the top3 and the rest.

I think the kit itself ensures that unless the spec is undertunned to the point of doing significantly less healing than the rest then it will always be good.

1 Like

Awesome , thanks for the input ! I as well am mainly PvE player , and have always loved Paladin . Definitely my favorite healer archetype from what I understand about it . You helped me solidify my decision and start playing my pala in preparations to becoming my main in shadowlands :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eeeehhhh… I don’t know dude.

I rolled Holy and totally regret it. I can’t do the DPS / Healing thing. It seems holy is SO reliant on being in the fray, DPS’ing.

It’s no where near like it use to be. Currently, I’m re-rolling another class entirely. Ret seems weak without wings, and Holy is… to clunky / cumbersome / pretty much over-complicated for no reason.

That’s MY own opinion… take it for what it’s worth. Some people love it, I absolutely HATE IT.

1 Like

No. Boycott HPally’s Mastery.

If the gameplay stays the same holy paladins are amazing! I can’t play other healers or classes for long then i come back to holy paladin.

I have 3 of them 2 on alliance and one horde. Super fun to level, pve and pvp in.

Holy always looks terrible going into an xpac. But somehow we always end up on top by the end of an xpac.