Worst Raiding With Leashes Mechanic

For some reason, dodging the whirlwinds was giving me trouble today. I started to think that this was the worst mechanic I’ve had to deal with in getting the pets for the Raiding With Leashes achievement.

Then I quickly realized, “What the hell am I thinking? Dancing on Deathwing’s scaly back was the worst mechanic I’ve had to deal with.”

You could make the case for killing the dragons in the lava pool, in the sense that there’s no way to get out, except for hearthing.

What’s your vote for the most annoying mechanic in dealing with Raiding With Leashes?

Upper black rock with all the deaths figuring out how to solo the first boss, The slow totems right after that.

In kara, having one of the drops from only one of the three theater bosses, and the chess match.

Just breaking into RWL 3 now so that’s all I got.

2 Likes

I can kill anything before the mechanics become an issue, the content was 30 levels ago.

EXCEPT SPINE. That one can’t be out dps’d - gotta sit there and deal with the rolls and the waiting and the strafing. That fight is trash tier.

Edit; Ony and Nef get a special mention because if you want to avoid the lava pool, I think that was triggered by Ony’s death, so you could skip it if you simply ran around letting her beat on you til her brother dropped in. I haven’t dealt with them in a very long time, so I dunno if that strat is still the “easiest” or not. But it was boring.

1 Like

Spine of Deathwing, simply because as put there’s no way to cheese it at OP levels. It’s why I’ve never had the patience to farm that raid for the mounts.

2 Likes