World PVP and Camping

I love WPVP, Don’t get me wrong, i spend like 5 hours a day doing it.

What i won’t do, however is camp people or kill low ilvl players.

So whats with the Horde Kill groups thet camp the invasion bosses for hours on end killing low ilvl players 20-30+ times?

Cmon kiddoes, World PVP has its place, pushing it that far is borderline harassment.

1 Like

I don’t see much point to it either, I guess its the only thing they can win at life?. I personally don’t like camping people, I fight back if they keep attacking me though. But its not fun stomping someone repeatedly who isn’t even a threat or challenge. But like I said they want to keep fighting I’ll obliged them.
Though I see being camped as just another challenge to over come. Sometimes I find it funny when I do get owned or mess up(like not using my bubble lol).

There are certain types of personalities that enjoy seeing others suffer and this is either a continuation of their real life issues or they use it in-game as a way to escape their realities. So some are basket cases in RL and some are just playing a role in a game and they find it fun to make other players suffer. (Just like some like to help others.)

Some are really good players looking to show off, while most are actually in a way compensating for their inability to 1v1 or do well in what most would call “fair” PVP. In world PVP there is no real fairness.

Personally find it hard to enjoy PVP that’s not a challenge so the 5 man CTAs and camping are not fun for me but others seem to revel in it.

It’s fair though don’t consider it harassment.

6 Likes

These threads say more about the people making them than they do gankers. Qq

8 Likes

To be fair its not just Horde that do things like this, both sides do it.

1 Like

Interesting a non fact or evidence based opinion to deflect from the fact that only someone with psychological problems is going to find joy i harassing people who can no defend themselves.
Its a typical bully mentality that many cowards have because they feel they lack power or relevance in their actual life.
While this wont account for all of them it does define the bell curve.

2 Likes

I posted a video in the last couple of weeks showing an Alliance Kill Group that had been camping Kri’vin in the Vale for more than an hour. There were at least one more active Alliance Kill Group in the zone and maybe more. Horde were complaining in chat about being camped and killed over and over again.

In the first year of BFA Alliance would camp Tortollan Quests and Flight Paths with huge groups for hours to farm kills for honor achievements.

Both sides do it. Many players feel more comfortable in a small group than going Solo and being ganked by Rogues and certain other classes.

alot of arm chair psychs in this thread so far and its still early. You guys know how stupid you sound when you assume that someones actions in game define their life outside of it.

how often does this kid want to talk to a manager lol. My cereal is on the bottom shelf, its such an inconvenience to bend over.

Tell me again how i kill puppies dude.

or better yet id love to see some fact or evidence that supports your claim that most gankers (ones that define the bell curve of course) continue to do the same actions outside of it.

EDIT raid leaders yell alot. they must verbally abuse their wives or mothers (depending on where they live) on a constant basis. wanna know how i came to that conclusion? my imagination, just like how you came to yours

5 Likes

I spoke to all of the Horde Players and they have agreed to stop doing that. So for now on if it continues, it is Alliance Players on a Horde alt.

8 Likes

Except they can defend themselves in multiple ways. This has been gone over ad nauseum in other threads. Not everyone ganks for the same reason(s). Again, your take says more about you than anyone else.

And P.S. I am a professional psychologist :slight_smile:. If you actually have evidence for your claim, feel free to link to those studies; I’d love to read them.

1 Like

Dude this made me laugh

3 Likes

You were at the meeting. We all agreed to this.

3 Likes

So u have made claims on me using a assumption from your real life profession and got personal before on forums but think u know me? This seems against your professional code of ethic and also tos a little.

1 Like

At any rate, there’s an easy solution to all of this: turn WM off. It’s like a built-in “Campers-be-gone.

Thanks for your time,

Barespanks

5 Likes

The fact that he brought up his “career” or whatever is a clear indication that it’s either not reality or that at the very least, I wouldn’t want him as a “trained professional” anyway since he has no ethics. (Bringing that stuff up to win a video game forum argument :))

Aww the trained professional is mad because he got called out on the forum where he bragged about being a smarty pants :slight_smile:

Feel free to send me some of your patients info (Which I am sure you would probably due to support yourself lol.) so we can ask them what they think of your boasting about your credentials to win video game forum arguments :slight_smile:

And if entertaining myself is being a baby (according to a trained psychologist) then guilty as charged as you are a lot of fun!

As a non-clinician professional psychologist (I used your words this time :)) you responded to me when I wrote the other guy and wasn’t even talking to you.

But I understand the emotions bro, defending your video game forum bravado and I am not even trained in the broad field of psychology as you are, “allegedly” :slight_smile:

Let’s just be friends and enjoy the mutual entertainment we shared :slight_smile:

Two NELFS sitting in a tree, K-I S-S-I-N-G…

3 Likes

You were not ever out of place in fact I welcome your responses since they are entertaining :slight_smile: You just responded to my post to someone else, so when you stated “the person I responded to actually respond” it didn’t make any logical sense since I was “indeed” that person. LOL!

Oh geez, I am ignored, I am talking to myself. Oh no, I need a non-clinician professional psychologist. Anyone know of one :slight_smile: ?

You can’t be bullied or harassed when you make the choice to enable warmode.

8 Likes