World of WARcraft

I enjoyed Warmode. I play PVP servers in classic and enjoy encountering members of the enemy faction as some of my favorite memories in WoW have been 3 v 4 (any variations of matchups) skirmishes in many zones of WoW. I feel like blizzard should move away from BG’s and arenas and focus more on their world pvp. Why not have an Alterac valley all over Azeroth? It would maybe bring me back to retail and for sure further increase my love for classic. Imagine the horde has a good week and pushes the alliance dogs back to the Arathi basin bridge connecting it to the wetlands and the alliance hold that bridge while forces elsewhere either move to another target in Ashenvale across Azeroth or reinforce the wetlands. I missed out on the days of city raids and I only ever saw one or two as a lowbie. Blizz would need to work out a way to balance the servers for this. But wouldn’t you just make like 2 or 3 to keep server choice limited?

5 Likes

I remember a certain guild v guild war on FM that spanned 3 zones and lasted about 8 hours back in Vanilla. Feedback on the forums at the time was that each side really enjoyed it. Was one of the most memorable moments of WoW for me.

I would love to experience that again.

3 Likes

That kind of stuff used to happen on ED back in the day. Good times.

3 Likes

I reckon the closest i think we came to that feel of world pvp for me was in BFA with the pvp world quests…would love for Blizz to bring that back again.

4 Likes

Honestly, I’d like to see them do revolving faction attacks all across Azeroth, similar to BFA. Breathe some life into old zones.

5 Likes

Same…i’m so sick of how dead pvp servers feel atm…this whole participatory ethic makes me die a little inside.

I mean we rolled on a pvp server for the thrill of being hunted or being the hunter whilst we levelling or doing world quests.

People who didn’t want to participate had pve servers…but, of course, pvp servers were more popular. Now pvp servers have been changed to appease the more vocal amongst us.

It is what it is I spose but it has changed the nature of the game for me and by the sounds of it…for others who, like me, enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

Bring back the Biff.

3 Likes

Remember when BFA was supposed to do this? Pepperidge Farm remembers. The real talk: the [North American Normal server] HORDE WHOOPED THE ALLIANCE IN ONE FELL SWOOP.

How is that any fun, when one faction in given region and server type, just completely overwhelms the other? Now that’s a community issue Blizzard doesn’t necessarily have all control over.

And here I thought WM was going to “pool in” the best PvPers out of both, so that non-PvPers would opt out and enjoy more of the game they want.

ᴴᵉˡˡᵒ ᴷᶦᵗᵗʸ ᴵˢˡᵃⁿᵈ ᴬᵈᵛᵉⁿᵗᵘʳᵉ

Hopefully without playing the other eponymous online PvP game.

That’s the dark side of Democracy. Would you be surprised that’s the same mob of people? Wow, it’s like people who were on PvP servers never really wanted PvP to happen. I find it sad in comparison that the RP servers were more enthusiastic.

I guess that’s why an Eonarian like myself had ganked several Stormragers and Sargerans in the SW City sharding since Legion. Being on a PvP server almost the whole time, their comfort and complacency never saw an angry CAREBEAR coming their way…

Then why not just decrease/increase the pvp rewards based on the active player count on both factions as well as limit how many servers there are to choose from? It would encourage people to look for and play on balanced servers.

the thrill of the hunt

durotar is always packed homie.