World of Warcraft News and Development Updates

World of Warcraft News and Development Updates

Catch up on all the latest World of Warcraft release dates, news, hotfixes, and more in our latest update.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Blizz. You may want to work on your timing.

You would have received a better reception had you posted this before the esport column.

Thanks for the info

:popcorn:

5 Likes

well they needed some “good news” to post after the bad.

3 Likes

Wich is not really the case here, i’ve read it and found nothing of value.

3 Likes

It’s like they know we hate the esports stuff, but they keep doing it.

5 Likes

Make Azeroth Great Again!

4 Likes

What about Exploring Kalimdor?

Just trying to help them with constructive insight into their poor marketing strategy.

2 Likes

nothing really exciting here so. mea

1 Like

Nothing to see here it’s the same stuff as before just a reminder.

Let’s all be honest. They are trying to communicate.

Just think. From this announcement… the marketing people will have at least… okay, I tried to find where something positive could come out of this announcement. I found one item, the Student Art Contest. But considering how much IP is sacrificed by player agreeing to the EULA, it’s a money grab for Blizzard.

So, any bets on what “new and exciting” announcements will arrive by the end of the week? Considering the marketing path they’ve outlined… I’m going with Blizzard announcing… wait for it… keep waiting… SHADOWLANDS!!! A new and exciting place!

4 Likes

Quite a disappointing news item. Not much said that hadn’t been said already, heavy focus on raid and dungeon aspects as if there was barely anything else at all. Only thing of note is that they are looking for feedback on class sets. Not sure if you have to go to a dungeon/raid to get any of the gear ( I would expect so).

My personal take on it: So what’s in it for me? :slight_smile:
I have to wonder if they posted something because of the high vitriol content on their e-Sport post.

2 Likes

Yes, very much so. That’s why I poked fun at their lack of marketing strategy.

Tazavesh is gonna be a nightmare if not probably tested and tuned.

They still need to address the looting system. Its frustrating that you killed amount of bosses and all you get is anima and the vault doesn’t do justice.

3 Likes

they quite literally made a big song and dance about releasing the community council then proceeded to absolutely ignore every post except the classic posts lol.

i thought that was where the communication was supposed to be.

3 Likes

The scary part of all this is, there are people in this thread that think that bot is a real person.

It’s good to see an attempt at communication. I would like to see update blog posts like this on a regular basis.

One thing that I remember appreciating way back in the day at the end of Cata were the Cata post-mortem dev watercooler posts. I did not agree with some of the conclusions, but it was good to see communication and explanations of what the dev team was thinking.

I will be keeping an eye on the WoW community council and it is nice to see blue posts on some of the threads - it’s the largest number of blue posts actually discussing things that I’ve seen in a while. That being said, I’d like to see more blue posts and actual discussion about some of the important issues in retail such as the revered reputation requirement for equipping 2 legendaries - I’ve seen the thread about the rep requirements in the community council forums; it would be nice to see a blue response and meaningful change based on the feedback from the council members.

1 Like

You mean to tell me BlizzardEntertainment with 1 post isn’t a real person making these?

Tell it to the guy who posted above you.

2 Likes