World of Warcraft News and Development Updates

Honestly, I love the direction WoW is going. I’ve been playing for years, across several accounts. I am invested deeply into this game. Blizzard seems to be radically changing things for the better. I look forward to more updates!

I’m loving this [World of Warcraft News and Development Updates]! Thanks!

Yeah, this is so true. I am sure classic is a joke now with weak auras.

Ok, maybe you do better. I was not about to go swinging my bona fides about, but since you asked - I AM the demographic you are trying, badly, to “splain” to, and I endured more that you ever will - since I had to endure decades of being marginalized for my gender. So yeah - go ahead and tell me what you think you know about discrimination against women. Try having a senior sales rep adjust your bra strap while you’re trying to answer 5 calls simultaneously and you can’t make a scene because he’s got tenure and surpasses his sales quota each quarter and the only job available to you is receptionist and you can’t make a scene in the most visible spot in the building.

And I am saying a digital bowl of fruit is not a hill to die on. Period. Objectifying men to “make up” for objectifying women is an absurd argument. No one should be objectified. And no, “turning a woman into a bowl of fruit” is not objectification. Because Blizzard is not turning anyone into anything. If the bowl of fruit were woman-shaped, I’d say you had a point. Now, you can argue this is censorship. I’ll give you that. But swapping a “problematic” painting with something completely innocuous is common practice.

The bottom line is - if Blizzard wanted to replace every art asset with a bowl of fruit, that is their right. We don’t get to “splain” to Blizzard what they want to do with the visuals in their games. If they decided to put everyone in turtle necks - that’s their choice. If they want skimpy-ware for both physiological genders - again, their choice. If they decide THIS particular painting of a skimpily clad “harem” woman with a bowl of fruit, that is their choice.

Ah, so I guess you see anything artistic about bodies to be “objectifying” rather than ownership. I suppose you disagree with the female streamers who disagreed with Blizzard’s decision to cover up the cleavage on a portrait in SM. Allow me to quote for you: “She is a bad b*tch who knows she’s hot.”

I find it distressing that you embrace a regressive feminism that equates sex appeal to objectification. FinalFantasy is equal opportunity with their sex appeal and it seems to work. But then again, you seem like someone who applauds Blizzard for this kind of slacktivism rather than asking what has really changed at their company. Again, do better.

1 Like