World Of Warcraft Launcher not working on Mac After update Sonoma 14.0

Not sure if this is happening for all users on Macs I can see friends or people on twitch playing with zero problems.

My Mac has been having a bit of Random access memory / CPU lag after this update. I was curious if anyone else is having problems or issues with this happening?

I tired to use the Wow launcher display that comes up when the application crashes but its following up with more Lag and I think it disconnected because I can send feedback of whats going on with this problem

When playing other games I get a bit of CPU lag and RAM lag so I’m thinking the problem resigns on my computer vs everyones.

1 Like

Works fine on 14.0, well in sense that it works no worse than it usually does.

I do recommend not keeping it open while gaming, but that’s true for any OS version. it’s a resource hog.

1 Like

I’m also running a mac (2021 M1 Max MBP, if it matters), and I’ve been on Sonoma beta since June for uh… Diablo reasons, lol. I have not experienced any ram/cpu lag however. Are you able to launch wow directly without using the launcher (wow app defaults to Applications > World of Warcraft > retail) and if so, how does it perform?

“in the sense that it works no worse than it usually does.”

Laughing hysterically in “I was just here to see if anyone else was having a different launcher problem…”

1 Like

I’m having this issue too. I try to launch retail and classic WoW. The game crashes once I get the “connecting” message and i get the Blizzard Error. It’s been happening ever since I installed Sonoma on Thursday. I really really hope this gets fixed soon.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Crashes before connecting on MacOS 14.0

was thinking of doing a computer wipe and seeing if it works if I do that once more >.>

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely and still cannot get past the loading screen. Has anyone found a fix for this?

1 Like

I am just amazed the launcher is consuming nearly 5g of memory - guess it takes a lot of memory to spam ads at me.

at least it is not a cpu hog that the Steam client is.

(intel imac)

All of you getting the crash on launch/connecting when running 14.0, please post your full details to [Feedback Needed] WoW Crashing on connect under macOS Sonoma (14.0) - #7 by Who-pagle so we can organize it all in one place. So far only Intel Iris Pro users have posted, I want to see if any other gpu is affected under 14.0