World of Warcraft, gfx anomalies apon loading a character

Cyrus,

The last thing we mentioned it looks like was a full windows reinstall, and likely this was because some of the most recent errors on your PC were Blue Screen of Death errors. Since BSODs occur from things which have kernel access (typically drivers) there’s no way for our client to cause that on our own. Most likely whatever’s caused the BSOD is causing the issue you’re having with the game - but there’s more than that pointing to system issues as well. You’ve tried tons of drivers already, but you’re still having ntdll.dll errors with the game, rather than driver errors. That’s more things pointing to likely system instability. This is from your MSInfo:

1/24/2020 11:43 PM Application Error Faulting application name: Wow.exe, version: 8.3.0.33115, time stamp: 0x5e274c09 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll

With all this in mind, I’d concur with the support squad. You’ll probably want to reformat your OS if you haven’t yet, and Reinstall the game if that fails. If you continue to have BSOD errors you want to check this article and troubleshoot those with a PC tech.

Regarding the number of people that run on Windows 7, I don’t have the exact numbers, but this type of report is extremely uncommon, even among the players who we see with tech issues on Windows 7. This is why we’re spending time troubleshooting this with you instead of having you submit a bug report or telling you there’s a known issue. This thread has been going on for 5 months now. If there was a bug, we’d know by now.

hmm… there is no chance of me doing a full re-install of my OS…
its way too much work… and my system is highly config’d it would be way to much trouble…

As I keep mentioning this all started when Blizzard introduced the DirectX12 API on Windows 7 for WoW-retail… I am pretty sure this issue does not occur on WoW Classic…

but it probably is a driver issue but I can’t get Nvidia to see reason on there forums…

It could be the CPU and or the RAM too…
my CPU is a AMD FX 9590 8-cores 4.7GHz and 32 GB of Kingston HyperX
BSODs are very rare for me… more rare then these random LOCKUPs I get with WoW-retail…

Re-install of the game seems UN-needed as I have l already tried check and repair…

Cyrus,

This is all the information we can give you. Regardless of what’s more common, the BSODs indicate something weird going on there. You could be right about it being an issue with the drivers, but if you clean install the drivers it should clear anything up with the drivers. If WoW had some kind of problems for this long with that driver, again, we’d know. You can try clean installing it and working with Nvidia for further driver support, but based on the BSODs it’s more likely hardware or operating system level, as we mentioned.

Beyond that, you’ll want to work with Microsoft or a PC tech to resolve the Bluescreen issues. If Microsoft ultimately determines something’s going on with the drivers or something, that could be good info for Nvidia, but beyond that, once you fix whatever causes the BSODs, the rest of your system stability (including this) should improve.