World of Warcraft Forum Upgrades!

I took a break from the forums for Blizzcon and work. I come back and it feels like someone’s moved all the furniture! It’s nice, just…different. This must be how people feel when they go on vacation and return to a renovated house.

Ythisens not having the yak avatar is the most disturbing.

2 Likes

I actually love the upgrades. Thanks guys.

Edit: Bring back Developer avatars tho.

i dont have my preferences set to hide according to my screen but i cant see my profile.
this does not make any sense

Click your avatar on the top right. Hit the little snowman next to your name. View Profile button should be on the right side of your Activity page.

thanks, but that doesn’t work either
i have no option under any screen to view profile

Strange. Well you can always copy paste this:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/realm*/character*

*change it to your realm, your character names.

I don’t know whose idea this was, but it’s a very bad one. And all the icons on the OP’s thread… what is that all about? It’s just a jumbled up mess of sensory overload and poor navigation. Please put it back!

4 Likes

I believe those are Frequent Posters, I’m assuming on this thread, though I don’t know for sure.

Fair enough. New forums again.

How about some functionality please - between forums and armory, and main WoW site, and guild roster. It’s a mess. Or am I not seeing how to do something as simple as click on my character, in forums, to view my armory or guild. There are currently 3 different urls. us.forums.blizzard for these new forums, worldofwarcraft.com for armory etc, and us.battle.net for roster etc. Please clean it up.

1 Like

Why the cool down on likes? It’s a bit much no? 1st I get a 4 hour cool down and then after 2 likes I get a 14 hr cool down? Some threads go for 100s of posts and I can only show support for 50 of them? Unless I swap toon, then I can even like my own posts?

I know I’m a bit late to the party on this, but it seems excessively restrictive.

2 Likes

these new forums would be better and have a better conversation flow if replies were just posted in the reply section of a persons post (collapsed by default) within the thread with a number highlighted beside the post to represent new replies to the post. This would keep the conversation flow smoother and cleaner and provide a shorter thread without limiting the conversation itself. as it stands now posts and replies are jumbled together with replies being double posted both within the reply section of a post and within the thread itself. by having double posts of replies it jumbles the conversation flow with the reply falling out of a contextual flow of the conversation itself. thus my point of replies being limited to a persons post reply section an not posted within the thread itself as well

2 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

I love the new horse models in Kul’Tiras! I was wondering if the horses of Eastern Kingdoms will get a different new skin? Maybe like a noble thoroughbred? Or maybe a quarter horse? Pwease :slight_smile:

Make a new thread, please.

Log off the forum, log in again, you should have forum profile then. (It worked for me.)

This thread title is misleading and should be changed:

Forum Downgrades!!!

1 Like

Makes it easier to browse and navigate :smile:

Would like to send a few PM’s to players and possibly a better way to upload pictures.

Other then that, great job on the changes that have been made so far.

Love the changes, Actually inspiring me to post for the first time in over 7 years since i can see some actual attention being put into the forums.

How do you keep it from automatically switch to tracking a post?

If I want to keep it on “normal” 100% of the time.