World of Warcraft Forum Upgrades!

I cant reply on mobile. The reply button to enter a reply doesn’t work.

Edit. Ok that one worked. Not sure why the button didnt let me tap it on other posts.

Is there are way to set the font to be a little thicker, like they were in the previous forums? The current one is nice but a bit thin. I find the the previous font easier to read. Thanks!

2 Likes

How do we flag threads to recommend them as pins?

6 Likes

Not sure why but when i scroll up from the bottom within a thread, it starts going spastic on me and skipping up too far, loading and skipping up over and over. Unless I pull the bar down it doesn’t stop the action.

1 Like

Mine does that sporadically too. Like the thread I was in before this. It’s like the scroll button gets stuck temporary (scroll lock) and moves up/down with the mouse movement. It’s very disorienting.

Having post numbers again would help reorient you when this happens. Forum needs more navigation tools within the threads.

1 Like

New Blue Tracker doesn’t work, it’s not tracking all Blue posts, even threads created by Blizzard posters.

Example of a thread not tracked by the Blue Tracker at all: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/uldir-changes-coming-nov-27/26583

[Edit] so it looks like it’s just a user group of people flagged to show in the blizzard tracker: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/groups/blizzard-tracker/

Can you guys make sure you only post important stuff from one of those accounts, or add more community managers to it? Things like the upcoming Uldir Nerfs not being tracked by u/Kaivax who is a community manager seems strange.

It seems some new features came at the expense of a bad user interface that is not at all intuitive.

7 Likes

I’m not gonna lie. I actually kind of hate how everybody is transitioning toward a “Reddit-style” forum these days. I quit League of Legends roughly five years ago, but I continued to visit their forums until they went Reddit.

I’m not quitting WoW any time soon, but I super hate the new style so far.

Edit: I’ve used it for about twenty minutes now and I take it back. It’s pretty cool actually. Sorry for overreacting.

I do miss “pages” though.

3 Likes

I find the new forums super clunky and user unfriendly. I really dislike an infinitely scrolling forum because it’s hard to actually track where you are.

The pseudo threaded replies are a pain in the behind. The idea is ok, but the execution is terrible. Click on an arrow to see the replies and the thread jumps all over the place. At which point I’ve lost track of all the other discussion in the thread and have to figure out where I was all over again (something made worse by infinite scrolling).

It also doesn’t seem to be saving all the replies. I made two replies to a thread and one just disappeared. I can’t locate it by any means. And before anyone comments, it wasn’t offensive or off topic, it was a pretty innocuous comment about the world dragons.

Finally, the forums seem really laggy now. There are times the input box just lags out while typing. Maybe something to do with the “automatically updating comments”.

Ok, add a couple more issues. Trying to scroll up a little bit to read some earlier posts and it jumped all the way to the top. Tried to then scroll back down to get back to where I was and it leaped to what I assume was the end but was just a blank page with the forum background. It’s way too touchy trying to move around in a discussion.

This is on Firefox 63.03 in case it makes a difference.

3 Likes

Keyboard shortcut for pinning a thread [“shift” + “p”] will be enabled when?
I have searched for any information about pinned/stickied threads from the old forum not getting that same treatment in the new. Would like to have our realm forum stickies/pinned topics back up top please. Thanks.

Or if that is not possible - allow the functionality for the user to pin threads of their choosing with the above mentioned shortcut which currently does not work.

3 Likes

Why fix something that isn’t broken? Why waste the time/money? Now the forums don’t even work right. You wonder why Activision is taking a more active supervisory role, well, this is a great example of why they would feel they need to. This is a great example of why Blizzard now needs adult supervision.

3 Likes

That seems like a “chicken or the egg” scenario, and only a select few people know which party is at fault for various blunders.

You don’t use the slidey thing? It’s easier to navigate a thread than trying to guess what page that post you were on. You can also Ctrl-F if you remember user name or whatever was written in the post.

I like how it goes to the next post where you left off and notifies you how many posts are new.

There are way more tools on this new forum than the old. This toolbar when replying has all kinds of cool things to use.

You’ll get used to it eventually.

1 Like

The new forums work fine. Also an update was badly needed.

Going from around 5 short posts per page at 1080 to 3.

That’s how much wasted space this place has. The infinite scrolling is awful and far less elegant than simple page numbers, the blue tracker is on third party sites for those that care what paid shills have to say about the game.

But at least we get all these cool features like emojis and notifications when a random person clicked like on your post. And soon we will all get the awesome ability to have to see the blizzard anointed fanboys start spamming gifs and images at our bandwidths expense.

But you won’t be able to spam images back, because you didn’t make the required pro-blizzard posts to earn the good boy points needed.

8 Likes

The little slidebar is a pain in the butt too. It doesn’t feel all that precise, especially on a big thread. And again, the page stalls and loads partway thru scrolling because not all of the page is loaded initially.

2 Likes

Is there a way to make the thread titles show in bold if we haven’t visited a topic, and then not bold if the topic hasn’t been updated since the last time I read it?

Cool, now the forums are just like the actual game. Trash.

3 Likes

Any chance you could add the Warcraft favicon image back to the forums? The generic website icon is a terrible look for it.

Apparently threads are referred to as “topics” now. I do not know why this wrankles me so much.

1 Like