World of Warcraft Cataclysm mouse

I hope my Steelseries world of warcraft cataclysm mouse hardware is supported through classic WoW since it’s emulated in current WoW code?

Why would you use that 20 pounds hunk of crap?

I had that mouse and I loved it. Sadly, it stopped working after a while because some buttons would stick, and others wouldn’t register at all.

Yours is still alive and strong? I’m jealous.

2 Likes

What the hell is this Catacylsm Mouse you are talking about?

the wow mouse is in the options since 1.13 is basically legion framework, just go in and click the box to enable

2 Likes

Nochanges!! We all need track ball mouses, and keyboards that click so loud you canhear them next door!

1 Like

the 2000s was the era of cheap membrane keyboards… everyone had a logitech keyboard and/or mouse.

Dark times indeed…

Strange how in the 80s/90s we had clicky mechanical goodness by the likes of IBM or whatever cloned knock-off… but come the late 90s and 2000s, everyone used quiet/mushy membrane keyboards, chiefly logitech or whatever keyboard came bundled with their pre-built systems at the time (i.e. gateway), at least people came to their senses come the 2010s and mechanical goodness is back.

They removed it. You can only use the commands to enable and disable the mouse now which are:
/console enableWowMouse 0 (Disables)
/console enableWowMouse 1 (Enables)

Can someone that has access to the beta tell me if these codes are supported?

3 Likes

hmm remember seeing the option during the the lvl 10 stress for the wow mouse in interface options

I don’t know what you’re talking about but there was an option after the mouse came out. You have to use the commands now to enable it though. I own multiple versions of the mouse and it’s not just a big clunky mouse. Other keybind mice like razers and such can only be used with the thumb which are a flawed system since you can only push one of the keybinds at once with your thumb. That isn’t the case with a system like the WoW cataclysm mouse since it has buttons distributed all over it.

1 Like

Hey I actually had that mouse too, I never got the programming to really work but it lasted me since Cata until about BfA. It finally stopped working for me and it was a sad day since that mouse fit my hand perfectly.

*https://images.app.goo.gl/Jka1GDaDmCqbGPtf8 I used this one although in retrospect I think you are talking about the other mouse.

Well if I cannot use my mouse then other players shouldn’t be able to use modern mice at all or at least the keybind features. The mouse is a dream. You just select “in-game mode” and set it up in-game for keybinds. It works great. It’s not noob friendly for a mouse but when you find out how to work it, it’s a beast mouse for WoW.

The speed settings are even better when you set it up and save it to on board. I have multiple copies of this mouse. Most of which are still in unopened boxes.

Why would it not work? Doesn’t windows detect all the buttons in the device manager? Even if the game doesn’t support it you should still be able to bind all the buttons…

1 Like

You serious right now?

Dude it’s a mouse it uses software outside of wow. That’s why it will work with other things. Do you need to plug in a different mouse to use google? No.

The buttons are programmable meaning you’re setting them to do what you want them. I want this button on the side of my mouse to act as if I hit F12. It’s just like any other gaming mouse.

Try setting one of the buttons to alt F4 to test it out.

I found out my mouse is supported in classic WoW. All trolls get rolled.

lololol

Don’t underestimate the mouse!!! I am not limited to pushing my keybinds with just my thumb since the buttons are distributed all over the mouse in better spots where my other fingers can push them at the same time as other buttons.(Unlike the razer naga mice)

Not ashamed to say when I was learning to bind… F1-12 were bound to stuff… ALT+F1-12 were bound to stuff…

OH CRAP I’M GONNA DIE!!!
go to iceblock
game closes

Yup, Was bound to my side mouse button… as ALT-F4.

Which is every mechanical gaming keyboard in existence. Those things are annoying.