World of Warcraft and the LGBTQ Community Member's Experience

This hasn’t been my experience in the slightest. There’s a bit here and there, sure, but the vast, vast majority of people are cool.

Most are just irritated by ideology and activism, not which way people swing.

1 Like

I definitely see how I can come off that way, but from my perspective I feel like it’s cause I tend to dissociate myself away from the subject to try to be impartial. Especially if it’s more a serious topic. Kinda like a robot?

My thinking is that feelings just shouldn’t be involved in discussions because we need to learn and figure things out instead of attacking other people (provided that it’s a genuine discussion/argument). Like there’s still awareness of emotional responses, but also a knowing that it’s nothing personal.

stuff shouldn’t be on the game forums at all in the first place. everyone does knows most people in game could care less and don’t care. sure there is a few who do but they ain’t just trolling lgbt their trolling everything that gets a rise out of people. one day these forums might become better than in game but as it sits right now this place is straight garbage.

Because you don’t see as many straight people shoving their straightness in your face as you see LGBTQetc. Like, it’s a game, your orientation literally does not matter, your skill level does, nothing else.

Yet, a lot of the LGBTQetc people tend to always keep shoving their sexuality in everyone’s face as if it’s their entire identity. We don’t actually care, until you force us to respond with the myriad of threads like these or keep shoving it in our faces.

Just stop, again, cause 90-98% of the playerbase actually has no issue with you until you bring it up. If they’re not saying things like “im a straight individual” then don’t bring up you’re orientation, either.

That’s why a lot of people have problems with threads like this; it’s literally attention grabbing and it’s like the lover you’ve had who is always so attention starved and needy even if you gave them affection and love for 98% of the day, it’s not 100% so they still feel needy. Quit and people won’t respond negatively in most cases.

Cause there’s always so many of these threads it really gets annoying seeing them pop up so much.

Cause nobody actually cares. If nobody asked your orientation, don’t mention it. Nobody cares, yet we are forced into caring because you keep forcing it upon us. Again, we don’t care, so stop forcing it.

Funny how the straight people don’t really go mentioning “I’m straight” or “I’m cis” or whatever it is that isn’t LGBTQetc. Again, if you are not asked directly, don’t mention it.

2 Likes

What you are wanting is to control the behavior of others when it comes to their right to free speech. If what someone else is saying offends you in any way. you want to shut them down. Throwing their individual right to free speech into the garbage.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My morning laugh.

2 Likes

Is this talonel or the Lucifer guy?

Nah we don’t hate you or others of your community , we join you all in your dislike of the OPs that cause all of the controversy .

1 Like

It’s funny that you should mention this, as more LGBTQetc people are actually more controlling than those who just don’t care. Stop shoving your unnecessary information down people’s throats. If you have to mention this, instead of just not mentioning it when asked, then there is counseling/therapy/friendship for that, even. Telling it to random strangers on the internet who don’t actually care who or what you are, is not the right or correct, nor ideal place to say things like this.

It’s only offensive, again, when it’s forced. Nobody asked, don’t tell. I don’t care how proud you are, it’s not who you are. If it is, then you have issues. You are a person, it’s part of you, but it’s not you. If we don’t ask, then you don’t tell because we simply don’t care.

It really is garbage. There used to be a saying: don’t ask, don’t tell. If we don’t ask, you don’t tell. If people ask, then absolutely share it.

1 Like

You don’t dictate to anyone what they can talk about.

You don’t dictate to anyone what or who to accept or like, neither, yet there’s always this trend for LGBTQ for acceptance and being liked.

If you’re referring to the 2 trolls on the forum who spam those threads about once a week, you may want to check your sources.

2 Likes

You are right I don’t. That’s the function of the federal government and the courts. Those institutions protect the civil and legal rights of all our citizens. Those entities don’t dictate who anyone must like. But they do tell everyone who they can’t abuse.

I agree, but you’re correct, they don’t dictate who people like.

When things are natural, you becoming friends with someone, then it becoming natural and asking about your friends etc. then yeah it’s fine.

When it’s just vomited out without being asked it’s a big red flag to a lot of people and makes them not want to do anything further with you.

2 Likes

Apparently sitting around with ether friends, schoolmates, work associates etc. Is something you are not familiar with. Because if you have ever done that you would know that in a group of people conversation is loose and people say what ever they want regardless if you or I don’t approve.

Apparently you do not play games and just sit on the forums all day, because otherwise you would know that most, if not just about all gamers do not care about your sexuality. They care about skills and getting the job done. They care about your attitude towards them and others. What they don’t actually care about, in large, is your sexual orientation.

Are you good at this game? If yes see next
Do you have a good attitude? If yes see below
Can you follow instructions or orders if given any? If yes see below.
We want you to come join our group!

This kinda thing, nothing in it about orientation, sex, etc.

3 Likes

Oh my I see by what you type that your sitting in a classroom ignoring your teacher.
Please pay attention and do better at your school work so when you grow up you can join the adults and have a positive impact on society

Nerf warlocks!! Holy crap!!

I like how you ignored the other criteria and just only had an issue with being good or not and skill level in a video game, good stuff. Thanks for showing that.

2 Likes

I mean, take WoW out of the equation for a minute and yes, we do deal with straight people shoving their ideology down our throats

We had to listen for decades being told were dirty
We had to listen for decades being told we dont deserve to get married or have the same rights
We had to listen for decades to people comparing us to Pedophiles and saying allowing us to have marriage / equal rights to “whats next, letting you marry your dog?”

So yes, We’ve been told by straight people for a very long time what we should be, who we should be and have even been killed for refusing to…

So back your train up and learn what you speak of before you speak

4 Likes