World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition

And the Target pre-orders are all claimed.

I’m curious what the percentage of pre-orders at this point are people who want it vs. people just trying to make some money on eBay.

I snagged my pre-order from Best Buy while they were still available. I’m hoping the people who honestly just want the CE for their personal collection can get one without having to resort to paying 2x the retail price from eBay.

2 Likes

I definitely wanted it for myself. Ragnaros can sit on my desk and let me know that it’s too soon to clock out for the day.

2 Likes

Thanks for making the mounts worthless by putting them in the store. No we have 0 in-game recognition for purchasing and basically paid for an overpriced statue.

1 Like

If you bought this solely for the mounts (which were always announced to be on the store btw) and not for the statue, the art prints, the box, and the game time… that’s on you.

1 Like

Im going to have to resort to using ebay to buying the CE. Actually stupid that I have to pay double for this.

1 Like

Ya know…I been playing WOW for almost 11 years now and I’ve seen a lot of changes…some good, some bad, but that’s not really saying much. What I have started taking issue with is the changes I’ve noticed since Activision acquired Blizzard and pretty much changed the Staff from top to bottom. !st, I have gotten a new mount (or gift) since I first started playing on every anniversary …suddenly they want me to BUY it…WTF is up with that? Ya see loyalty used to mean something around here, but not anymore. The "new faction,(Activision) doesn’t want to give ANYTHING away cause they’re about milking every dollar they possibly can. Second, I’ve noticed the game has not really changed in the last few expansions…what I mean by this is, since it’s inception, WoW has always been evolving…doesn’t feel like that anymore…now it feels like the same crap in a different wrapper. I have to admit I haven’t been playing much lately because I’ve gotten so bored with WoW over the past couple of years that I went back to the FPS style of games I was playing when I first began playing WoW. It’s not that they’re any better, it’s just nice to play something different that’s entertaining…So without further whining or complaining, Activision, get your heads outta your arses and stop breaking with tradition and GIVE everybody the anniversary mounts for being loyal customers, eh?.. Maybe Disney will be better with DEV and tradition after they do a hostile take-over from Activision…(read somewhere last week Disney’s thinking about acquiring Activison-Blizzard…lol we’ll get a Disneyland park in WoW next to Stormwind! CHEERS!

2 Likes

Ahem

Have we? I don’t remember getting one last year, just some timewarped badges and a new toy that we could buy with those badges.

This year does include the free Mini Nefarian pet for logging in too, as well as the mount for completing the event dungeon.

Blizzard has done a lot of terrible things, and has definitely handled this whole situation very poorly, but putting the digital contents of a collectors edition onto the shop is nothing new and is actually a good thing.

I am giving myself a 15th Anniversary gift by cancelling my sub and flushing this POS game from my computer. Enough garbage is enough!

2 Likes

i can dig this

WHY IS THIS PINNED IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF MAKING IT AVAILABLE AFTER IT SOLD OUT IMMEDIATELY?

Most of us were at work when it went on sale. When we got home, it was sold out.

4 Likes

I’ve been with WoW since day 1. I’m not sure why this whole anniversary package isn’t free for those of us who’ve been here for so long. At least give long-time loyal players the mounts or something. Come on Blizz, the BfA money grab is too much as it is.

1 Like

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand is the scarcity value of economics, but on the other is the idea that anyone gets one now while future generations do not.

My problem with the former is that, potentially, non-players can obtain a majority of these with the intent of re-selling them later at a premium price (which, unfortunately, tends to be common among collectors in general).

“Give me a one-handed Economist. All my economists say ‘on one hand…’, then ‘but on the other…’” -Harry S. Truman

Full disclosure: So far, I have all of the collector’s editions but have yet to obtain the 15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition.

my body is ready

When will we get it. I bought it.

I agree I have been playing since BC. I hope we get something in game for free.

Personally I think the mount suck and the statue is badly colored . i want a statue the represents the in game character as he or she looks in game.

1 Like

Stop micro transactions your killing the game!

1 Like

waste of money

You consider collector’s edition a micro transaction? Sorry, but thanks for the laugh.

1 Like

Happy Anniversary:D

1 Like