World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition

And art prints.

And a month of game time.

1 Like

High Quality scans of those very same art prints will be on the web within seconds of the first open collector’s edition, you can save them yourself and bring them to Kinko’s my man. 30 days of gametime on my server is 100k gold. Nothing in that box is worth 200 dollars. How about something useful, like a cool headset, or some crystal beersteins. You’re getting a lump of Vinyl. It’s a very nice lump of Vinyl, but at the end of the day it’s just going to collect dust. The only thing driving interest is scarcity. The mount itself is literally an untextured normal flying mount. That is so, so, so, lazy. I am not telling you personally how to spend your money, but I will say my piece, and my opinion. This “Collector’s” edition is a joke. It’s shocking how easily people will part with some serious cash for what equates to cheap junk and a literal skin. There are people in this thread getting this just for the textureless mount. A mount the art team did almost no real work on. It’s just crazy to me. You could buy groceries for a family of eight with that money.

1 Like

You want the scalpers to open the box and put more stuff in?

It’s literally not. They have a statue texture. Minimalistic, yes. But not untextured. Which you can also get on the store after release.

Don’t worry, i don’t deal with scalpers.

Wow there’s a whole lot of wrong here.

The mount is textured, you don’t like the texture does not mean it isn’t nor that the Art Team didn’t do any work.

No one has to to get the collectors edition to get the mounts, they will in fact be up on the store.

I am really trying to meet you half way right now, my man. What is the appeal here?

Owning things basically.

But i agree on the current scalping prices, too much for me, sad i missed the window but oh well.

And i like the gargoyle style mounts so no loss there.

its a shame there wasn’t a limit put on how many 1 person could buy at 1 time. There was one listing on ebay seller had 12 pre
orders. Thats 12 people who will not get . Six pages of them on ebay wounder how many more we will lose out on when the rest of the retail sires get there’s in

2 Likes

I actually wasn’t missing the point, and your offer of sale is the same as as ebay so you can go ahead and just sell there. And for the record I wasn’t going to offer the retail price but your ask is the same as ebay so no point in discussing with you anymore.

You werent going to offer retail? What? You wanted me to sell it to you cheaper than I paid? I think not!

You snooze you lose champ.

Wasn’t going to offer retail as in make an offer bigger but not nearly as big as your ebay ask. Perhaps my English is too hard for you to understand.

Ugh. Confirmed on the EU forums that they’re not making any more copies of this.

They’re doing a giveaway for the “last 15 remaining copies”.

This is total BS, imo.

What kind of giveaway?

Thanks for the information!

1 Like

The give away is only for euro players, disappointed that it was just there . on top of the fact that it was such a tiny amount sold out of the blue.

this wasn’t a case of snooze you lose, it was an amazingly short window that it was put up on the site and then sold out… I’ve gotten every collectors edition from blizzard games, and unless I fork out too the price gouging POS sellers on ebay, this will be the only one I don’t have.
If you were one of the lucky people to notice the sale and preorder, congrats. If you where one of the POS that preorder 3 or more to just gouge on ebay, may the money burn you…

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Every CE from day 1, except this one. And now Blizzard are running a give-away competition - oh, but not in my region.

1 Like

It is a case of snooze you lose. I saw the CE go up for sale on BlizzStore and I tried to get a copy only to find out OCE were excluded from the BlizzStore for this one item. Was I annoyed and frustrated? You bet I was.

Then I found out that EB Games was going to have stock of them and that they would be doing the only reasonable thing; letting people know the day and time the item would go up for sale. Giving people plenty of notice beforehand. Unlike Blizzard who just put the item up and if you happened to be online and see it you got lucky.

EB Games gave a couple of days notice. They had it on FB, Insta and Twitter and emailed all EB World members.

So if you missed out on any of those notifications, that is entirely on you. If you are a true collector as you claim to be you would have ensured that you were in the best position possible to know of any announcements regarding this item and it going on sale considering how in demand it was.

As for you being upset over my self and others getting more than one… thats on you. I am not depriving anyone of getting the statue by ordering more than one, someone who wants it, who didnt get one will buy it. It just depends on how much they want as to how much they are willing to pay for it.

It may not be worth $500 to you but it will be to someone out there.

You missed out and you are upset and you want to blame anyone but your self. You were too slow in getting an order in.

That is a totally BS claim you’re making there. You just can’t accept that once again (as usual), blizz has royally screwed up. This has nothing to do with “how big of a fan you are”. This has everything to do with “let’s only make 500 copies when we know we’ll literally have millions of people wanting to play Classic”.

Since you went and bought more than one and are willing to sell them at a super inflated price, that makes you are no better than the scalpers or gold sellers and you should have your orders revoked so “real fans” can have a chance at them.

4 Likes

Revoked under what laws? There is nothing illegal or against any agreement about selling something like this. You just cant accept that you were too slow.

So say a person wanted to mount the Ragnaros statue in a fountain or a urinal, how would the materials hold up to exposure to water, the elements and or pee?