World MS is 400 latency?

Something going on with blizzard’s servers.

Hey there Mardùk,

Thank you for your report. We aren’t aware of any server-side issues that would be causing high latency, so we’ll want to have you run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while the problem occurs in-game to see potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Make sure that a disconnect occurs while the WinMTR test is running.
  4. After recording data for about 5 minutes, click Stop then click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

1 Like

I have been having terrible latency issues for the last 3 months. I’ve contacted my internet provider (Verizon) many times and it seems to be a problem with the game. I’ve opened 3 or 4 tickets in game with helpful advice but the problem persists. My latency is usually around 65 but it jumps to 3K making the game not playable. So, I guess I’ll take a break from WoW and work on editing my films.

Yeah same here, world MS is 500+ in dungeons and bgs from OCE. Literally unplayable.

Advice of posting a winmtr would be the same for you two as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.