World Buffs are a Raiding Exploit?

The buffs are only an exploit if they dont have cooldowns and you can leave and rebuff the raid when you die. Otherwise they were in the game and it doesnt matter when they are used.

1 Like

That happened a lot.

It really wasnt worth the hassle to get them.

Most people worrying about it atm seem like they played on pservers. Where its basically kept up 24/ because it has no internal cd so you can get them instantly.

1 Like

You know what happens when things like this are considered an exploit? You end up with BfA: a shallow, empty experience where everything is equalized. RPG and immersion are replaced with ‘balance’.

Chill out; it’s just a video game.

5 Likes

Wrong, if they weren’t intended to be stacked together and brought into a raid for big gains then they are an exploit. Read the thread please before jumping to conclusions. A lot of discussion here you’re ignoring

1 Like

but there is prescident.

Using the LBRS fire resistance buff wasn’t an exploit, it was creative use of game mechanics.

Likewise even though this happened through out the end of classic, it wasn’t removed until nearly the end of TBC because Blizzard had decided they wanted to kill off all prior content and were nerfing everything even remotely assoicated with pre-TBC/Wrath content. And then did the same thing to TBC in Wrath and Wrath on a patch by patch basis to make sure NO ONE would run anything but the latest patch.

5 Likes

But they can be stacked in Vanilla so whats the problem?

Forgot dire maul buffs aren’t on cooldown.

Although tbh I don’t see a problem.

Getting Dire Maul buffs take quite a bit of time and effort all on the gamble you won’t get ganked/purged later or wipe on the first pull and lose all yours buffs, which I’ve seen happen many times over.

Getting wbuffs is usually not very efficient in progression either where you are almost certain to wipe and lose all your buffs.

I think if players are willing to do the prep work and seek out world buffs prior to raid it should be okay, it’s a good time investment with a risk vs reward component, encouraging players to get out in the world

2 Likes

So?

So what?

Who cares?

No, really. Why would anyone care?

Clearly the gogogo raiders in Classic aren’t in the game for it’s long, simmering, immersive gameplay. They’re there to raid and beat the game and then, well, I have no idea what then. Do it again? Quit?

“Well, we cheapened that experience as best we can, let’s go again!”

Large, top guilds have always had advantages over smaller guilds. That’s why they’re “large, top guilds”. If all of these “top guilds” are in the same race, then they’re all doing the same thing. So, it’s not a net advantage in the end, is it? The small guilds never had a chance in the first place, exploit or no.

These guys have no impact on the vast majority of the population playing Classic as it’s played. No impact on the smaller guilds who were going to lose anyway.

They only impact each other, and then – they’re done. They’ve burned through Classic as fast as mathematically possible and “conquered” the raids. Yay them. Now they’re done, and they can go away faster, unless you think these guys are going to farm Naxx for all eternity. I sure don’t.

So bring it on. The faster they can get this up and done, the fast they can leave the game to those that actually are here to play it.

3 Likes

I think they ment stacking the same buff not the separate buffs. You could never stack the same buff.

Also the buffs really never made or broke anything. The largest one only lasted 3 hours and you lost it at death.

Most groups wiped at least once clearing trash in raids. They never played a huge part in raiding. Most of the times the world buffs got more use from players who were leveling and got the debuffs just by chance.

Such as the one for ony/nef head turn in.

Tribute was holding one instance open for your raid to run though Ony and Nef would be saved for the following week run ZG would be used the heads turned in then run out to whatever instance your raiding for the week that is on farm in order to clean it faster or better chance at progression.

People thinking its some kind of exploit dont remember the reason WHY BC was changed to what it was to remove ALL of the buffs we had at naxx when people found out you could stack these things.

Flask or 2 elixir food weapon buffs.

Even if it was a bug then, blizzard won’t change it. One of the blue posts they made about not bugs people are reporting they stated “ * NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then.”
Implying directly that they are going for as accurate a vanilla experience as possible bugs and exploits included.

Personally I hate it because it feels too much like an exploit. I guess the silver lining here is that the content is going to be so easy thanks to 1.12 talents, nerfs, and itemization that there won’t be any need.

1 Like

By that logic utilizing both melee and ranged auto attack timers is an exploit.

the likelihood of getting all 3 buffs and it being enough for your raid is meh at best. I also dont believe the effects last through death… You’ll have 1 bomb attempt at a fight and then blow the half hour worth of prep you put into it by wiping.

Are the buffs NICE AS HELL to utilize to clear farm content quickly and efficiently? yeah, its alright. But in the long run it doesnt make massive issues when u wipe

2 Likes

Also.

Most of these buffs wont be available until later. Nef, ZG, and DM?

Phase 2, 3, and 4? respectively?

The only time this will really prove to be OP is while BWL/MC is on farm status right before AQ

This conversation is completely pointless as the buffs go away after death, making them irrelevant for progression.
Also the onyxia and nefarian head turn ins were quests that you could only do once, soo…

4 Likes

Yeah, okay. They should never have had world buffs in the game ever. It was a really dumb idea that didn’t really pan out in any sort of productive fashion and trivialized the majority of the content in a way that left the game a pale shadow of itself.

We get it. World buff stacking is bad. It’s sort of “cheaty”. The game has tons of “exploits”.

Does it matter? They aren’t going to change classic like that at this rate. So, who cares?

Just wait 30 minutes before the top guilds are ready to raid and drop the heads. The next raid night they will log on an hour before to get the buffs. So the next raid you log on 2 hours before. Always best to keep everyone on their toes guessing. Meanwhile that group forming to do RFC or Stockades will reap the benefits.

spending talent points is also an exploit

2 Likes

I picture OP wringing their hands and clutching a handkerchief, tears streaming down their face.

1 Like