World Buffs are a Raiding Exploit?

I WANT THE CITATION FOR THIS.

Your entire argument rests on this. The idea that the very devs that put these buffs in the game, Knew about them the entire expansion, and left them that way never intended for them to be used…

I want a citation for this or you are talking out of your rear.

1 Like

Basically there’s no reference to a formal “Blizzard post here where they explain all the exploits including world buffs” but that doesn’t mean it’s not an exploit. If no one was using world buffs to clear content and trivialize it back then on a massive scale, then the devs would have not noticed the exploitive nature of the buffs, therefore never formally deciding they were an exploit. Due to the more knowledgable playerbase of today… they most definitely will be stacked and it’s going to trivialize raiding content. I promise you it’s not gonna make the game better.

Let me ask you this: Who/What does it hurt if the buffs were removed from raids only? If you weren’t planning on using them, then it doens’t hurt you. If you were, it prevents you from trivializing your experience in that raid… soo win/win?

1 Like

I can’t believe that guy made a 20+ minute video based on the flimsy presumption that world buffs classify as “game system” abuse.

I’d argue that he exploited the ambiguity of that definition for ‘exploit’ to con people into watching his lousy video. I feel bad having given him a view.

11 Likes

The buffs wont be stacked that much.

The debuffs for them to be applied again is bigger than the time its up.

You couldn’t stack any of them in vanilla.

That was only on pservers.

I mean the same argument could be made for consumables. That they ruin gameplay by requiring people to farm mats/gold.

Let’s just take away flasks because they make the game too mundane. You shouldn’t have to prep for raids.

2 Likes

If they aren’t stackable and there is a long cooldown, then end of discussion they aren’t exploitable… however if they are and all of this talk is true… could really trivialize raiding scene. So I hope you’re right!

3 Likes

There is no cooldown on dire maul tribute buffs. He specifically brought those up in the video.

ZG/Onyxia I don’t know.

3 Likes

Than thats a bug.

No, it’s not. You get the tribute buffs when you complete the dungeon. There is no cooldown, nor would one make sense.

2 Likes

Getting the buff has an internal cd not allowing the player to get more than 1 stack. Its a bug ig you get more than 1. Doing the run more than once doesn’t affect this.

For something this obvious, I have no memory of this happening in Vanilla. Mind I wasn’t some hard core high end raider, but I knew many, and we talked about things.

This never came up. Anyone who stumbled on this would be rubbing their hands together and cackling with glee.

I mean, take the DM Tribute buff – sending the entire raid, 8(!!) parties, in to DM for a Tribute Run so they can get buffed before the raid? As if raiding didn’t take long enough, even if you’re farming a raid, whatever you gain in buff you lose in overall time anyway.

Much less a “quick run to Onyxia”, and THEN Stormwind/Org. The entire thing sounds exhausting.

And if they are doing it, you lose the buff on death, so they’re not doing it for progression. They’re only using it for farming. Oh No! Farming takes a little less time as if that’s some huge advantage.

So, anyway, no. I never heard of such a thing in Vanilla. Maybe it existed, but it’s the kind of thing that would buzz around and you’d just Hear About It. Chatting with the raiders, on the forums, etc.

1 Like

“Stack” in this thread is being used to refer to stacking different world buffs on top of each other.

Not stacking the same buff more that once. Of course you can’t stack the same buff. It just resets the timer.

4 Likes

Everyone. The goal of it is authenticity. If they are truly stackable in Vanilla, and if players really want to stack them that badly, then let them. If they aren’t intended to be stackable, then the Classic devs can look into it.

This entire issue is being blown out of proportion because the sources are private servers. Vanilla Raid difficulty is being overly-hyped. Comparatively speaking to Retail WoW (not the best source), the mechanics are trivial. They were difficult for their time.

Getting these buffs for raids will most certainly not be a requirement by the overwhelming majority of guilds. I’ll, once again, source your quote;

The only guilds that are going to sit there and tell you that you need to do this, assuming it is an intended mechanic, are the most hardcore, world-first seeking guilds. That’s it. Most players are playing to re-experience the game as it once was. Raids will be cleared within days of their release, if not the same day of their release, with or without these buffs. 30-60% of damage/stats or not. I’m in charge of co-raid leading a guild right now for Classic, and by no means am I saying that you need to have these buffs? Having that expectation is absurd, because again, the mechanics and fights are very, very easy to the average player.

If you join a guild that has these requirements for buffs, and if you don’t like it, then join another guild. They may be “meta” for private servers, but only a small percentage of people play private servers for many reasons, but it boils down to the fact that it isn’t a Blizzard product, so many people don’t feel compelled or interested to play on one, therefore, comparing private server raiders to Classic WoW raiders are two completely separate things because Classic WoW will have a much wider audience because it’s official and secure, whereas Private Servers are not.

1 Like

The buffs from tribute runs never stacked in vanilla. That was only on pservers.

People still did multiple runs for gear. But the buffs themselves never stacked.

If its stacking on the beta its a bug. Period.

Some people should really watch the video linked. It’s acknowledged it wasn’t done as much in Vanilla. However, this isn’t Vanilla. This is Classic and people are going to go after every advantage even the “casual raiders”. Plenty of people plan to raid 2-3 days a week and will do anything to get whatever advantage possible. Don’t think it’ll be that much different from private servers in that vein.

2 Likes

Okay rq how do you quote other people’s stuff like that. Was trying to do it earlier. It’s very useful lol. I like your points though. Everything Laz has said and the fact that Xian is saying that you could really only have one of the 3 buffs (due to non-stacking nature of the buffs in a true vanilla/classic envorinment) means that this issue is probably being blown out of proportion by me (really I was just stressing how big of an issue the creator of the video made it seem as I was a 10 year old pleb back in vanilla so only thing I know are private servers really, for accuracy anyways).

But if they are stackable they will most definetely be abused by casuals. It’s not hard to have someone sit with a head in their inventory until the entire raid group is online. Same for ZG buff and each member with full raid gear can clear one DM run in 10 minutes. So yes, if they are stackable any decent guild will require the buffs. Even more casual ones

Just highlight over like you’re going to copy/paste and it’ll give you the option to quote. :slightly_smiling_face:

No worries, I understand - listen, I get it, we all want things to reach a certain standard, I really do. But at the end of the day, Classic is different from Private Servers. You won’t have too much to worry about. If it ends up getting abused to that severe of a degree, then it’ll be looked into most definitely. Otherwise - we can leave it be. Again, I’m not requiring it, I know a lot of other raid leaders aren’t either. Referencing my personal experiences don’t amount to much, but it should show you that we are out there, and it’s not going to be bad.

It only lasts 2 hours and doesn’t persist through death. Considering the time it takes to do anything, enjoy using it to clear trash more easily.

1 Like

It’s all fun and games until an enemy faction raid wipes yours and you lose all those world buffs you farmed.

Don’t tell me. You played on a pve server.

2 Likes

A lot of the world buffs in vanilla wont make or break anything. Considering what you need to do to get them.

Also sure you can stack them for 3 hours. 1 night. But a lot of them had a huuuuge debuff. So youll only get them once a week and if your group doesn’t raid at the time its turned in.