World Buff NPC

It’s time to introduce an NPC who can drop world buffs for the remainder of classic. Even if it’s just ony/rend, that will suffice. The coordination it takes for servers using discord to inform everyone of when buffs are going out is insane. It would be very appreciative by the community for an NPC to be placed in game that would trigger the WBs. Obviously there would be a cooldown, but at least we wouldn’t have to have massive coordination to do this anymore and well you know, the ninja droppers who like to grief go away.

Yes, I know, you can raid without buffs, but well, buffs make the game more enjoyable for all (bigger numbers = bigger epeen). Also, if you don’t want the buffs, you don’t have to get them. Truth is, the majority of raiders want the buffs. This would help the community immensely.

Edit for clarity on how I imagine it would work and appease most people:

• NPC would only buff the player paying, not the whole town/city
  • Would cost a set amount of gold
  • Would trigger a cooldown so it could not be abused
  • NPC would be hard to kill or have a quick respawn timer
  • Only works on level 60 players so you can’t buff your way to level 60
  • Quest turn-ins that trigger buffs today would remain unchanged
  • Make the cooldown only expire while in-game, like the DMF buff
9 Likes

Only if they cost gold to get the buffs. We desperately need a gold sink; not just a means to shuffle gold between players.

5 Likes

Nah. The only reason they did that in China is because China never had vanilla. We take the bad with the good with Classic.

Also, there is no “remainder” of vanilla Classic. It’s going to extend well beyond TBC launch. So if you’re moving on to TBC and not sticking to vanilla Classic then please don’t ask for vanilla to be changed.

6 Likes

No changes.

3 Likes

That was hard to read.

1 Like

You don’t have to get the buffs if you don’t want them, that simple.

1 Like

You only send one item per mail. Right?

You also don’t play this game. Because the launcher and client isn’t actually from Vanilla. Right?

OH! And you don’t have the new water texture. Right?

You also have never traded or accepted a trade from others for gear from raids; once it’s MLed that’s it. Right?

You’ll also setup a weak aura to tell you when you’d be able to perform an action, since they’re removing the spell batching (essentially). ((Gotta keep that Vanilla feel.)) Right?

2 Likes

It’s the internet, don’t expect perfect grammar or punctuation. I’m confident you understood the message though.

Appreciate your contribution to the thread.

Likewise. You don’t have to coordinate in discord if you don’t want to get the buffs. If you don’t want to deal with coordinating buffs then you don’t need to get them.

I’ll continue getting them in the vanilla way with a smile on my face because I want to get them.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: So the minority rules here in your defense? The majority of players want buffs. That’s the experience on my server and I’m willing to go out on a limb here and state it’s the same way on other servers.

No
10chars

3 Likes

Yep. What’s your point? That if people want buffs badly enough they should just get them with little effort?

No. If people want something they’ll put in the effort. If not then they don’t get the thing. That’s how it works.

3 Likes

Cute.

All of those are changes I opposed.

Do you think listing a bunch of changes I didn’t want somehow convinces me that we should have more changes?

2 Likes

Your idea is bad.

5 Likes

Exactly, my point is fairly simple, add an NPC to give world buffs. If you want them, great, there it is. If you don’t, then don’t get them.

Appreciate you clarifying how it works now, I wasn’t aware :roll_eyes: . I’m asking for a change to this. How does this hamper your experience if you don’t want to get them, then don’t. You can still farm them and they would still go off as they currently do, if that’s what you want. If you don’t want to raid with them, then don’t.

This is an idea I can get behind

Agree with this. Add a cost and cooldown.

You don’t have a clue what no changes was intended to mean

Same, would be worth it

Are you kidding? Its meaning is pretty self-evident.

Just because you wanted some changes doesn’t mean I don’t have a clue about what NO changes means.

Get a grip.

3 Likes