"Worgen tails aren't lore friendly"

Honestly would love to see one of the people that keep saying this to explain how Worgens having such a huge forward lean and being able to run at extreme speeds on all fours without a tail is lore friendly

21 Likes

I don’t know if it’s lore friendly or not.

But DH have no eyes and can see. Real life logic sometimes is bent here. I assume people say it is not lore friendly because Blizzard created them without tails. But I don’t see why it would be a problem to give them one or not.

11 Likes

Honestly at this point it’s more Blizzard refusing to listen to the player base and stop being so stubborn the only reason its not lore friendly is because Blizzard said Worgen dont have tails, meanwhile artists they’ve hired have given Worgen tails and even a writer gave Genn Greymane a tail like a huge amount of players want tails, out of house artists and a writer thought Worgen’s had tails with all the lore and information they were provided at this point it’s basically just Blizzard

13 Likes

I think it makes sense? It’s a druid curse and Druids have all the… parts. Lol

6 Likes

From the 8.5k post long main post.

18 Likes

Core strength. They do a lot of situps when we’re not looking.

4 Likes

Yeah seen the art from hearthstone wonder what their excuse for that is but honestly wouldn’t take that much effort to make up a lore reason considering the original pack form did have a tail just say that it’s a sorta evolution or something with the curse

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter. Player characters should be the exception to the rule. Fun is fun.

3 Likes

Just give them tails already. They look weird as hell without them.

#supportworgens

14 Likes

The tails are not lore-friendly, because they simply don’t exist in lore. On the other hand, this:

Is in the lore, and can be seen in-game.

Were tails added to Worgen, it would be a retcon, but not one I would be opposed to.

1 Like

Hearthstone is noncanon to the WoW story. Alot of gimmicks go on in Heartstone that are not part of WoW’s story.

Well… yeah. The creators and developers of a franchise make the rules for their world. That could be said about alot of things.

“The only reason Luke Skywalker is Darth Vader’s son is because George Lucas made it that way!”

“The only reason Wolverine heals fast is because Marvel made him that way!”

A writer who is more focused on implementing her personal agenda than telling a Warcraft story with Warcraft lore. She acknowledged it was a mistake - it was not a new direction in which Genn has a tail. A writer simply forgot (or ignored) a fact of the fictional universe they were writing about.

I am not against Playable Worgen getting a tail. They can add a big tail right to the face of every Night Elf, for all I care. I don’t play those Races much. But the current lore has them without tails. That is the reason.

I think Worgen fans who want tails should stop these nonsensical arguments, and simply say :

“We don’t care about the story or lore, we want tails!”

That would at least be correct and honest. Instead of twisting a mistake an author made into some justification.

5 Likes

Give them tails. And also, let the males have straight backs. Orgrimmar shouldn’t have a monopoly on the chiropractors.

You know what? Give them fang options too. Upgrade those weird toothpicks into proper fangs, or just get rid of them altogether.

5 Likes

even if it wasn’t lore friendly I wouldn’t care in this case, they would look cute with tails and that’s all we need.

3 Likes

Why do you guys insist on getting tails when you know damn well it’s gonna clip through everything?

2 Likes

Cuteness‎‎

3 Likes

Debatable.

2 Likes

Absolutely not.

2 Likes

Eh? I never noticed my tail clipping. Why wouldn’t it be the same?

1 Like

Clipping is unavoidable, but who cares? Not everyone wears cloaks.

5 Likes

Lore friendly or not, if they are pulling that card, then take tails away from Vulpera,Draenei,Druids(bear,cat,ect) since there is really no reason for their tail lore either.

Part of a canine’s balance is their tails.

Give Worgen tails or take away others’ tails. Seems simple enough to me.

5 Likes