Worgen Form/Human Form Customization

Then don’t do it. But let others do what they want with their character.

2 Likes

You can’t do it now. And I’m giving my opinion on how I think it should be for immersion and logic reasons.

A crap ton of new customizations that are unique to Gilneans and work well with the Worgen customizations. Sounds pretty spectacular to me.

I hardly play my worgen druid because the default is the worgen form. I think the default should be the human form that changes when you go into combat. Makes more sense to me because you are human that has the worgen virus not a worgen with the human virus.

3 Likes

As it stands there are already hair color/facial hair combos that make no sense in the customization. What you want would make the restriction line up, but it’s still a restriction. What I want means you get what you like in terms of consistency, but so does everyone else. A solution that doesnt require them to add new specifically gilnean designs and allows both those who want worgen/human consistency and those who don’t to have what they desire is a better system.

I’m not too tied to “logic” or “immersion” in WoW and neither are the devs, I just want to customize my character with the full suite of options they’re making available.

Perhaps the worgen form could grant different racials and when in human form Have an emercy worgen form racial active much like the worgen in northrend that fought as humans until the reached a certain amount of health.

1 Like

Except it doesn’t get what I want in terms of consistency. Because y’all are talking about blue eyed blondes being green eyed, black furred Worgens. Which, to me, is immersion breaking. A Worgen melting out of their form and into human, only to change so drastically, has always made me twitch. I’ve always wanted to see better consistency. But that’s just me.

And yes, I am talking about a major overhaul that I think needs done. Give some serious love to Worgen, instead of half arsing it like it’s been done. I’m going for serious change instead of fitting in with complacency.

Could you imagine that amount of epicness with all sorts of new hairstyles and scars and eye colors and skin colors and fur colors? That would be amazing!

What I’m proposing is dreams of a long term goal to really change things and make Worgen and Gilneans more unique and with more options and design.

The immersion never existed in the first place so it can’t be broken. The link between the cosmetics of the gilnean and the worgen form was always arbitrary. If you want a major overhaul more power to you, but I’m more interested in leveraging the work they’ve already done to get the best possible experience for all worgen players rather than enforcing my particular idea of what should be on all worgen players.

There’s lots of stuff I wish they’d do, but there’s a lot of stuff they’ve done already, and I’m more interested in how we make that work for us best than asking the art team to do more work at this stage.

1 Like

Play a human if you wanna run around and beat things up in human form.

The other part of the customization is just for people who like to run around in human form. I’d prefer they separate the beards from the ears with what they’re doing but I haven’t really seen much of that?

1 Like

Clearly you’re not reading what I’m saying, so I’m done.

New darker skin tones are in for human, I really hope I can assemble my dreadlocked worgen brothers finally(unless they release a proper large afro in which case that’s the plan)

I still want human and Worgen forms to be customizable separately.

Given how many faces they’re adding to humans, I would think that it would be a lot harder keeping the options linked than it would if they separate the options at this point.

I gotta say, this attitude, like the anti-flying folks, I just don’t get.

I want to be a worgen, just not all the time I like the werewolf fantasy human 90% of the time WW 10%.

Truthfully, my worgen form should replace my druid forms. It is supposed to be the most powerful druid form, right?

3 Likes

It would be interesting to have a more bestial worgen for cat form and a varient on the hulk bear for tanking

1 Like

Anyone heard any word on this yet?

It’s going to be a while before anyone knows if Worgen form and human form customization gets separated.

We don’t even know how many of the new human customization options will be added for Worgen. The new customization options probably won’t start getting implemented until well into the beta builds for Shadowlands.

I think the alpha builds are pretty much only going to focus on the new zones and such. The customization options aren’t a huge priority for the devs at the moment, as they’ve still got three more zones that need added and tested plus dungeons and a raid before they get to character customization.

Not valid. The question is not why, lorewise, a lore worgen character would not stay worgen 24/7. There are reasons for that.

The question instead is why you, as a WoW player, roll a Worgen if you don’t like worgen form. That I can not understand. Just roll druid human.

(Commentary): What if one likes the form, but dislikes the casting animations?

Then that is a good reason for rolling human instead

(Query): But what if one dislikes humans?

1 Like

Then roll mechagnome!

1 Like