Worgen Druid; what do you think?

Darkflight stacks with cat form speed. When I use it my cat goes 170% speed.

Again, why would I try to gear one up in lower gear content when I have another one in higher gear content? You can get the same gear on both characters so why not just play one? I don’t understand the whole “This character is ONLY this spec, and I created a new character to be the other spec.” thing.

Also, I appreciate you trying to help, but bringing this up after I’ve already said that I made the switch doesn’t really help anyone.

It’d make a lot of sense in Classic, lol.

Sure, back in vanilla you mainly focused on one spec, but since they added multi-speccing to the game this hasn’t been an issue.

In a game like BFA i can have all 4 of my specs on the go with relatively the same item level. There’s no need to just use one spec and crafts a whole new character just to use another one.

Can your RP head-cannon take both old and new druids being the same druid? Maybe NElf does some mindmeld-esque druidism to save a dying Worgen? Or something similar? Maybe NElf was dying, and Worgen sacrificed, now old druid’s mind in new druid body…? :thinking:

1 Like

I had this exact dilemma, this character is VERY old (probably 4th or 5th character created ever) but it’s been parked at 100 since 100 was cap. I really kind of had my fill of the whole elf druid thing, I’d been feral on a PvP server and Boomkin in PvE. Played it for probably over five years. I had a great transmog I developed for her but it had remained essentially the same since it was introduced, it was almost all wrath or earlier gear so I had it first thing.

I didn’t initially consider going Worgen (I haven’t unlocked Kul Tirans, and seriously doubt I will) because they are ugly in the details, especially the female’s faces, then I noticed this friendly bit of news that a model update is coming in the next patch, and they look phenomenal.

I went ahead and changed. Brand new character but I get to keep SO many hours of gameplay and I’d gone exalted with Darnassus for RP reasons back in the day, so now I’m exalted with Gilneas so I should be primed for heritage on day one, YES. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s kind of like I deleted my old night elf (this character has a different name and completely different mog, I reserved my old name just in case) and traded for this Worgen. So far I’m liking it, I’m dogman !@#$%! I’m treating it as a new character to replace a worn out one that still has all these hours sunk in it that would have been sitting idle otherwise. I maxed enchanting, herbalism and fishing at level 100 and got pretty far into archaeology on this character, two things I probably wouldn’t do again, especially now that they’ve made studying prior expansion’s crafting pointless. Plus I have good bags, angler’s rep, and a lot of other doodads like my old idols that turned gray when they took the slot away.

This was my chill character that I fished on a lot and did a lot of other weird stuff and put so many hours on it that I just got bored of it. Oddly enough, it’s the only class/spec (balance) I’ve tried this expansion that feels better off than when I left it (remember that pendulum lunar/solar nonsense?)

Now that I know Worgen will look 1000% better in just 6-8 weeks (sooner if I decide to PTR) I’m actually quite happy with the character and honestly surprised I never gave one a try. The females do look a bit off but they aren’t even the worst thing in the world, I still prefer them to Kul Tirans even though Kul Tiran forms are sicker it doesn’t make up for all the pudge.

I probably wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t know they are improving the models soon. But now that I’ve done it it’s made a very stale character (probably created in BC and then played through ad nauseum to 80, 85, 90, and 100) into something fresh.

I can’t speak highly enough of the new models (there will be glowing eyes!) and the more I even play it with the current model, the more I realize I’ve actually been missing out a bit by never trying one out (I have a fresh second worgen druid at 20 as my screw-off character when I’m not subbed, but that was just created to see if I could put up with the current models, turns out I can better than I’d thought for years).

Don’t shame me for my mog, I’m a werewolf, clothing pulls at fur and the idea of running wild in a robe is ridiculous. :laughing: Be glad I’m not still wearing short shorts, it just gave the wrong impression when I turned into a human. :rofl:

1 Like

i hope blizzard updates the worgen druid models, because they look kinda fugly (especially the bear D: )

2 Likes

If the other druid model updates are any indication, we may very well get new ones at a later date. I’m balance with glyph of the stars, I rarely use the other forms because they are merely okay, I’d definitely like an update. Put a little more wolf on the forms, perhaps.