Worgen Customization Mega Thread

Blizzard all gave the Void/Blood Elves purple eyes as a customization option after discovering it was a bug.

What about the worgen eyes that we got in 8.2.5 that are now gone in favor for the oversaturated, unfinished Shadowlands look?

Can we please have this look BACK?

For Reference:

To what we have NOW:

15 Likes

For reference, I liked the effect.
They looked very good for worgen.

3 Likes

Kinda wish we had a muted glow like that for all the glowy eye colors.

But like… Kept the really glowy ones too.

8 Likes

Best if both worlds… give us more options! Muted eye glow and stronk eye glow.

3 Likes

Yup, they could readd this since it literally was -taken away-.

Not only could they do this, but they could even do it as a new style of all the glows too!

2 Likes

Blizzard has officially announced the various changes it intends to add during 9.1.5.

I hope that we can also be remembered in the future and that the suggestions and requests in this thread can be carried out.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears
#giveworgenmoreworgencustomization

:heart: :wolf:

5 Likes

Fix worgen ears when wearing helms. Clearly they do not mach and this is why helms are almost all unwearable.

8 Likes

why not both?? i like both eyes infact i’m down with the idea of having both eye color and a set of eye with both color design mix like one color in each eye…

1 Like

helmets and shoulders need to be fix in all races specially on races with snouts or big ears or horns or even big fat beards.

Helmets need to have their shape change to match the race and shoulders need to be adjusted so they don’t clip on the race face or shoulders or float on top of their shoulders.

personally the design of each armor is fine design wise, but the location and shapes are pretty mess up.

1 Like

I am honestly shocked that worgens did not get tails

it seems only fair as they have caved for void elves* hair colors

if I played a worgen I would be miffed at the blatant indifference on the part of blizzard

worgen have been asking for this choice for longer than void elves have been around, its just not right.

4 Likes

Please don’t try to turn this into a worgen vs void elf thing, I am happy void elf fans got the customizations they wanted and I’m sure many of them support more customizations for worgen.

4 Likes

I’m really not, just pointing out the obvious, this request has been out there a very long time.
Since apparently blizzard is taking requests at this point
this should have been one of the first

1 Like

Worgen as a core race with some of the fewest customization options in the game probally should have been one of the first looked at yes… but Worgen are sadly one of the least played races in the game after 10 years of neglect. 10 years of the same bad model for female Worgen killed a lot of our player base and of course Blizzard is going to put time and effort into the higher population player bases first. We Worgen players who have stuck with the race since Cata first dropped are used to it at this point so we have our threads that are well discussed and used talking about what we would like to see done to our models in detail. Now we don’t expect we will get everything but the more info we provide the better informed decisions the devs can make when they read these kind of posts.

3 Likes

again, its because of the amount of time and resources it takes to add a tail to the model/frame. It then has to be modified and corrected for all pieces of gear that interact with it, including mounts. The tail needs to be animated too, correct?

that takes a lot of time

Adding a hair color is simply adding a value in the code.

I understand why they can’t fix every helm for races they just don’t fit. However, the ear flaw is something different. For every other long eared race, the ears are not cropped, but for some inexplicable reason they are for worgen, and as a result worgen look terrible wearing them. This is actually something they fixed pretty quickly when they broke it on blood elves (pretty sure it was blood elves) but have left it broken for worgen.

4 Likes

What a great day to give worgen tails, fix animations, make them 8 feet tall, and make it possible for your worgen and human scars to match.

2 Likes

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears
#giveworgenmoreworgencustomization

3 Likes

I’m still against tails. Even if they clearly thought about doing it at some point, they didn’t do it, and now we have a game in which Worgen have existed for 16+ years with -0- tails in sight. I like consistency, so I’d prefer if they stayed without tails.

If they REALLY wanted to add Worgen with tails, I think they should have taken the opportunity of Allied Races to make a Worgen-variant race like LF Draenei (probably paired with a Forsaken variant for Horde). Then they could make it a bit different, throw in some loose justification, and it wouldn’t impact the existing race.

I don’t think “Well Blood Elves got dark skin colors when they shouldn’t have them” is a good argument. “This is wrong so let’s make this other thing wrong too” is awful.

All of that said, I don’t dislike the aesthetic of a tail. IF Blizzard adds them (and it seems like they might one day), it’s not like I’m going to continue to fight it. I don’t think they belong, but once they’re in, they’re in, and I’ll probably make use of it. My reasons for not wanting them aren’t aesthetics.

1 Like

i still thing they should properly fix them, like make 2 types of helmet 1 with holes and 1 without the holes so that way they can put the helmet with holes on races with long ears or horns.

most helmet in Warcraft are design for humans honestly, i mean i have you seen some of the leather helmets on female worgens?? they look like giant heads…

and some helmets on Orcs look like small hats.

2 Likes

Making wordens have tail now wouldn’t be hard story wise honestly speaking.

just like how blizzard added the night warrior eyes on the nightelfs, they could make a lore of worgens connecting more to Goldrinn the wolf wild god and cause them to be more beast like developing a tail.

it is so dumb and so simple it wouldn’t hurt nothing, just a bit of more work for blizzard’s table.

[edit:]
i mean think about it we are in the shadowlands we worgens could connect more to Goldrinn through Ardenweald.

2 Likes