WOG on Ret

This is terrible to press right now

I know we are level 50 but 3 holy power to heal for 1k when I have 10k hp

I really hope Blizzard will tune it

Prot can WOG for 7k-10k with Hand of the protector

Can we have a middle ground please

4 Likes

How hard does Templar’s Verdict hit in comparison?

I remember in cata, my average crit templars with wings were around 30-35k on cloth/leather and wog on myself were 70k

So wog need to be double templar’s damage to be worth a good heal.

Also I lt would be nice to change justicar’s vengeance or healing hands into Eternal Hope from cataclysm: Your word of glory has 60% crit chance on target below 35% max health.

Also Jawah’s right. Post everything you can into the “in development” shadowlands classes into the paladin subforum. I believe they will read this forum way more than the class forum, so if anyone else with alpha can help have our voice be heard, it would be fantastic.

3 Likes

Sorry to repeat myself, but you have alpha access, so please leave your feedback in the alpha thread. The chances of being heard there are much higher I guess.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-paladin-class-changes/490700/2
Edit: what I mean is: leave your feedback ALSO in the alpha section. Nothing wrong about discussing it here either.

3 Likes

Yeah, please leave your feedback in the alpha thread Belerian linked. Blizzard is more likely to see it there.

Again as they said we can discuss it here, but I doubt Blizzard will be looking here to closely for feedback.

2 Likes

Don’t ask my why

but I can’t post on it…

Someone did it for me

( Jawah )

1k average
2k-3k on crit

1 Like

Have you tried logging out of the forums and back in? This helps sometimes with these things.
Otherwise just wait, I’m sure you will be able to post in the alpha forums soon.

1 Like

looks like it works :sweat_smile:

Oh yeah wog is terribly weak then. Should be about 2.5k noncrit / 5k crit

It’s terrible! I don’t see myself spending 3 holy power for this and it’s single target…

They should bring back the whole 4.2 package.

60% crit chance on target below 35% max health, 50% additional healing on allies and it has 10seconds cooldown.

So it can be stronger without worry of being spammable, also should heal for 2.5-3k noncrit and 5-6k crit if we have 10k health

2 Likes

I would prefer WoG stays as it is for ret. An AoE heal that feels good to press. As it is right now on alpha its dead in the water and not worth the HoPo cost versus instant FoL.

As long as they bring back some form of WoG that isn’t the AoE garbage that it is now, i’ll be perfectly happy. Would probably be too OP and get nerfed if it didn’t have a cooldown anyway.

No, in Cata originally Word of Glory didn’t have a CD. But later on because of pve prot only using it in raids, they gave it a 20 second CD. which ultimately killed prot pvp(and they’ve never been viable since). It would have kill ret to, but they later add the Selfless Healer talent which reduced the CD down to 10 seconds if you put 2 points in it

1 Like

We’re talking about 4.2, not patch release

Yup Covahredro is right, 4.1 made wog have 20sec cd. Killed ret in pvp instantly. So in 4.2 they made that 10second reduction

1 Like

Nevermind, I thought each point gave 10 seconds off, it was just 5 seconds off.

the 4.2 whole package for Word of Glory in cata in pvp was

Last Word
Word of Glory has 60% additional crit chance on target below 35% max health.

Selfless Healer
Word of Glory has 50% additional healing when used on an ally. We can skip the damage increase part

And slap it a 10sec cooldown like it was in cata to be able to be more powerful without worry from blizzard thats its too op. Exactly like cata. Using it on allies was a 70-75k crit heal on 156k healthpools.

I want a talent that merge Last Word and Selfless Healer effects from Cataclysm as replacement of either the new talent Healing Hands or Justicar Vengeance, you can also balance the talent by making it increases the cooldown of word of glory by 10sec, so without the talent it stays cooldown free.

1 Like

I really don’t like the idea of it having a CD personally, because I like being able to use Word of Glory at any amount of holy power. With a CD it restricts that. Though looking at the patch notes it looks like Word of Glory is going to be restricted to 3 holy power.
Though I do see the benefit of having a CD attached to Word of Glory. As it could then be a more powerful defensive heal, without having to cost more offensive pressure.

The other thing I’m kind of against is having word of Glory be more powerful at low health. I’d rather it be consistently strong at all levels of health, especially if it was or is going to have a CD. Because I don’t like feeling pressured to only using it at low health to get the maximum out of it. But also don’t like that if you don’t use it on CD enough then you’re not get its maximum defensive potential.

Also I dislike the surprise and frustration factor such effects cause to opponents. When they believe they’re about to get a kill, only for you to pop this off and suddenly your health or allies health jumps straight up.
I mean don’t get me wrong, this was quite fun in Cata. I ran with a Rogue in twos in cata and popping him back up to near full and pulling off the win was quite enjoyable. But I do understand the frustration this causes to your opponents. Much like Lay on Hands does in world pvp. And although its not necessarily OP, it gives the feeling of it being so and people will call for nerfs. Inevitably leading to Ret getting nerfed and ending up being weaker as a hole.
Its kind of like Warrior’s Second Wind in MoP. People thought it was OP, but good players knew how to deal with it. Still in the end it got nerfed.

Anyway I think possible other options could be to give Word of Glory a short Heal over Time effect or absorption(an Absorb would probably be better as it works better when you’re running with healer). So that Word of Glory would still be strong, but not as effectively strong if you just spammed it. Or to give it a damage reduction effect that last a certain amount of time. Or you could have a combination of all of them
Actually it might be better if when healing someone at low health it gave a massive Damage Reduction(I dont know like 60% for few seconds, say 4 or 5?) This way it isn’t as visually OP as seeing their health pop way up suddenly.
I think these would be a better option without the need for having a CD put on Word of Glory.

As much as I liked massive Cata WoGs, they were way too strong even with the cooldown. It’s why triple dps was allowed to exist. When you combined Your crit chance with Rule of Law + Last Word, it was a near guaranteed mini LoH every single time someone got low and you could literally outlast a real healer.

I would prefer if it went back to the WoD version where WoG had no cooldown, wasn’t super strong, but we also had selfless healer at the same time for buffed FoL casts (it should also reduce the mana cost, unlike the stupid design now). I felt like that was a good compromise.

…but honestly I kinda want to try the Shadowlands version of ret Holy Shock assuming they keep it, since it can be used to heal, and it also generates 1 HP. WoG + FoL SH + Holy Shock. It’ll probably end up being terrible and annoying to deal with like every other change Blizzard makes, but still.

1 Like