WM on and not a soul to slay

Been doing my covenant quest line on this alt and was hoping to see some PvP action with war mode on but not a soul. Is it because I’m in emerald dream and for rp servers is specific? Or because there is nobody doing war mode? What a let down :(. I really hope is just a server thing and I just need to xfer to a regular server. Please let me know. Just looking for some wm pvp action.

1 Like

Alliance has AOO again, so the cattle should be free-roaming the fields this week.

2 Likes

Does it matter that I’m in emerald dream? Someone told me wm on rp servers are separate and that might be why “the cattle” might not exist. Should I switch to a reg server ?

Sad. Emerald Dream used to be the server for wPvP.

2 Likes

So is that why I don’t see anyone on war mode? Because rp servers are diff than when you’re on a reg server and turn on wm?

Yes that is correct … RP servers have separate WM on phases.

The maw is buzzing in mine right now . :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Ouch :frowning: that sucks.

If you want to find alliance , transfer to Sangreas .

1 Like

Or play during peak hours. Plenty of RP-shard alliance to gank at this time of day + later

I’ve seen plenty of people from all kind of servers phased into ED. RP servers sadly do not consitute a separate “zone” anymore.

What happens is that CRZ has been catastrophic to the game in general, and WM the final nail in the WPvP’s coffin.
Not to mention the bleeding population.

1 Like

And here I had xfer to emerald dream to wpvp in the maw lol. I just want to shank ppl :frowning:

Guess I’ll xfer again. Any recommendations anyone? (Besides sargeras)

I’ve given up on warmode in this expac. Back in BfA there were always impromptu groups because of the way the quests were set up. But, in Shadowlands, if you go into warmode, you’re basically at the mercy of being ganked at every flight path. There’s just no point to it.

1 Like

thats a myth, RP realms are sharded with everyone else.

Idk… my pally is in stormrage and every time I go to the maw with wm on I see a ton… of ppl out farming and ganking others. Switch to my rogue and nothing.

There’s just not enough incentive to turn wm on in this expansion. The PvP WQs are a joke with crap rewards. People would rather just turn it off and kill rares and bosses holding hands with the other faction

Yea also ED. Nothing during WM :\

It’s because there’s literally next to no reason to go into the world anymore. Even in BFA there was people running around everywhere in the N’zoth corrupted areas each week. Here there’s just unbelievably forgettable world quests that give 200-400 gold + the insane layering. It’s depressing

4 Likes

It doesn’t help that player models seem to spawn in at like 20 to 30 yards now. It’s not just that I can’t see anyone in WM… I can’t see anyone.

I mean on Area 52 if you toggle Warmode on I am always being jumped by allys at flight paths. The two south ones in Revendreth, Southernmost in Bastion and Maldraxxus either on the front or the Arena (in front of the dungeon also usually seems to be a brawl). Also the Maw always has a entire raid camping right outside of Ven’ari.

So it’s probably a RP server thing.

Well, that’s the problem. All Warmode is right now is groups ganking on individuals trying to play the game. There’s no incentive for it aside from being annoying. Say what you will about BfA, I really enjoyed Warmode and World PvP because it seemed meaningful. There were objectives all over the zones. Sometimes nothing happened and people left each other alone. But, sometimes there were impromptu brawls that ended up being quite fun. There’s none of that in Shadowlands. There’s absolutely no point to Warmode or World PvP aside from ganking, especially at flight paths.