With DPS up + PI is Disc Now Comparable to H Pallies for DPS?!

Okay, on my 243 ilevel priest, doing 16s and 17s, on one run my dps overall hit almost 3k dps. With PI timed well, say on a boomy, or whatever would this make the total contribution to group damage comparable to H pallies? Or no?

Thoughts anyone?

Edit: PS. The community still wants H pallies over disc priests, or that’s my experience. Is this behind the curve??

Using PI every 2 minutes wouldn’t make up for that big of a damage difference to fill a 1k overall dps gap.

Healer dps itself is a small contribution and more of a bonus. If all 3 aren’t hitting dps thresholds of like 8-9k on some dungeons you aren’t going to time them regardless.

For keys there’s a preference of io score > class. If you look at the leaderboards for example the top 100 priests are all basically holy and there’s people doing +24s and stuff so it shows that they’re capable of doing the top end stuff.

I dunno about that. Maybe if you are doing 10s, but once you get to medium high keys, it matters a lot.

When I play shadow I do 17-20s with a resto shaman that rarely helps dps and we time them just fine. She just doesn’t want to dps as a healer.

Healer damage can make a huge difference but it is by no means necessary to time higher keys.

Almost, but no.

Yeah, almost but no seems to be the consensus. But honestly, when seeing how much damage some dps can crank out, I dunno if that is accurate. I have seen boomies in highly elite groups top 100k dps on some pulls with PI and have seen others in my own runs approach 40k dps with it.

Seriously? I only heal as a disc priest so have zero awareness of what people are seeing. In BFA though, I started healing as disc, and was surprised at how much easier timing keys was vs healing holy. This is because of the damage disc does. The difference was huge.

As for now, I have been doing roughly 2-3k dps on 16s and 17s. I doubt I would be able to do even 1k dps as a holy priest because it is mostly heal and flash heal with FC in pugs, and keeping the buff up is a nuisance. One caveat though: I am also not currently that adept at weaving damage in between heals as holy because I rarely play it anymore.