With boosting banned, is GDKP also banned as it's a form of boosting?

As many of you know, a lot of people do GKP runs on classic and these runs essentially gear dump people from greens to full tier 5 in a single run. My question is this form of boosting banned now too?

GDKP is not banned if you don’t advertise it cross-server through an organization from what I understand.

2 Likes

Where did you get that confirmation Sentenza? Or are you just interpreting it yourself? Because self interpretation would seem to actually indicate GDKPS boosts are not legal anymore.

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.

It’s literally right there.

If your guild is doing GDKP, that’s not bannable.

3 Likes

It’s convoluted, yes, but the text would indicate that they are specifically targeting the retail in-game communities. GDKP does have a “community” aspect to it but it’s not cross-realm as the post heavily emphasized multiple times.

no it doesn’t indicate that at all

You can’t say one way or the other, what’s escrow mean in the quote? Seems to me escrow could easily mean holding on to a pot of gold until the end of raid
"As of today, we will now prohibit organizations who offer boosting, matchmaking, escrow, or other non-traditional services, including those offered for gold. "

where did you see this at I can’t find it

Impressive necro that you could’ve just googled the quote to find in 0.0001 seconds

GDKPs don’t exist in retail so it doesn’t matter.

2years old thread really

1 Like