Wintergrasp tenacity idea

So, with the server imbalance and tenacity buff if blizzard has tenacity stack up to 100 as part of their solution (effectively turning the minority faction players into raid bosses) my suggestion is this

Remove the dealing bonus damage buff as that will cause them to 1 shot people with aoe and such. Instead do this.

Increase critical damage bonus for single target attacks by X% so that its not a garenteed 1 shot by 100 stacks, they still have to get a crit to 1 shot, and they cant just aoe spam to nuke everone down.

Also, make i also increase mana, energy, rage exc regen by X% per stack as well. Dont let mana drains make casters feel useless even when they just wont die. Make warriors feel full of rage the entire time, rogues have endless energy (this is assuming at 100 stacks)

The idea is to turn the 100 tenacity players into raid bosses that cant be cheesed to be useless, but are not also just arcane explosion and killing 40 enemy players from 1 spell.

How about we just balance servers so we all have a good wrath experience

5 Likes

Im not opposed to this, however blizzard seems to like bandaid fixes.

yea if there gonna bring in changes they should add in cross realms , thats what fixed most of faction imbalance in cata

That’s the OP’s no-no zone.
That’s why all the contortions in their proposal.

1 Like

yea but if the cross realms r in effect, only the realms with that faction who won wintergrasp will get VoA the raid for wining wintergrasp they had cross realms working in cata for winterspring before they can do it they just gotta invest some time into it , its worth

I don’t necessarily disagree with you on cross realm but just preemptively explaining why the OP will shoot it down. Though he may surprise since there’s a lot of inconsistency regarding what should and what should not be cross realm to keep that “classic feeling”.

1 Like

they shouldn’t shoot down the idea cross ream

Personally i dont like cross realm for pve.

Pvp is a very different beast and i am not agaist cross realm for pvp, still dont exactly like it, but not agaist it.

For wintergrasp i wouldnt be agaist them basically merging realms to some degree.

But at the same time severe lopsided realms could have their own appeal for the minority faction of getting to become a raid boss.

It really depends on which direction blizzard choses to go for wintergrasp.

I do think they need to start merging the low pop realms with an attempt to make factions somewhat balanced (i personally see free transfersas srep one of a realm merge plan, they gave the players the chance to fix it, and then they gonin and fix what is still having issues) . Maybe they could just link the mega servers wintergrasp, and add a form of backdoor.

Theres a lot of ways to do it. The hard part is finding the right way of doing it.

Blizzard have said that they’ll probably just have it open for everyone.

We’re still considering options here as well, but high-stacks of Tenacity and a back door into Vault of Archavon are our current top-contenders for how to handle Wintergrasp. We’re interested to hear what people think of those ideas.

1 Like

Yes, and if they go with their idea of tenacity stacking to 100, im proposing a way to better balance it.

Lets say each stack currently gives 10% bonus damage, now at 100 stacks thats 1000% bonus damage. Now just imaging a mage walking through everyone arcane explosioning, instantly killing everyone around him while he is also extreamly hard to kill due to so much hp.

Thats not balanced or fun. Instead make single target critical hits deal more damage, so it stops massive aoe, but it gives counterplay.

Now lets say a mage ice novas a group of players, then ice lances them. High crit chance from frost talents, shatter, exc. He can jow 1 pop almost anyone eith an ice lance crit, but this has counterplay. Freedom, dispels, exc drastically reduces his chance to crit because he loses the shatter bonus crit chance.

The idea is that people with 100 tenacity will still be hard to kill but they wont 1 shot you with no chance to survive and not have aoe spam going to evaporate an entire raid in 1-2 spell casts.

They could even make tenacity give a stacking damage buff whike they sre in combat but CCing the player will reduce the stacks. Being balanced in a way that if your team is focusing on CC they can keep the 100 tenacity player from getting to much bonus damage.

An example of this is for every 3 seconds the player isnt CCed while in combat with an enemy they get XĂ·2 bonus damage to all damage done for every 3 seconds they are CCed they lose XĂ·4 bonus damage.

So at 100 stacks, 3 seconds of not being CCed while fighting enemy players means you deal 50% more damagez at 6 seconds its 100% and so on, but there is counterplay in the fact that you can make them lose stacks if you CC them long enough.

The idea is to add some counterplay vs 100 stack tenacity players because if it goes in just how it worker at the end of wotlk, a 100 stack healer will be 1 shoting people with spells like holy nova. A druid with thorns is going to basically kill all melee without ever hitting them back.

Each stack of tenacity in wotlk gave 14% bonus damage done (or at least the last version of it i looked at) at 100 stacks thats 1400% bonus damage. Just think for a moment.

Rank 8 thorns does 73 damage when struck. (Domt remember if thats 100% accurate of the spell but this is an example) so 73X14 is 1022 damage. Basically meaning anyone buffed with thorns and has 100 tenacity stacks will kill most melee that are hitting them without even actually hitting them back. This isnt even with the player with tenacity attacking…

Thats why i want it a little more balanced IF they do chose the 100 tenacity direction.

1 Like

If it gets to the point where one side has 100 stacks then I don’t think they could even cap WG because they obviously don’t have the poeple for it.

1 Like

Red’s idea has a chance of actually happening.

And sadly thats why i proposed it.

Because i dont expect blizzard to fix the population issues on realms in any meaningful way.

1 Like

yea but thats just a whole different way of playing wow its stupid

Tenacity didn’t work well historically and it’s not a good way to solve this for Classic.

This really needs to be a cross-realm fight to balance each side just for the fun of doing it and earning your quest rewards. I think they just need to disable the post-fight control and just let everyone access the vendors and the PvE bosses.

Solved.

1 Like

This is correct.
If you remember actually playing with Tenacity it was a disaster.
Even if you have 100 stacks of it, you get mobbed and stunlocked/controlled to death, you can’t do anything at all, let alone drive a vehicle and attack/defend the fortress.

1 Like

just cross realm wintergrasp and be done with it

2 Likes

The only way that could work is if there was at most 3 servers: pvp, pve, and rppvp. People want to be on the big servers in wrath and tbc.

The megaservers are effectively monofaction, so I don’t see the point. I think the best way to do it is to keep VoA permanently open with the vendors in the back, and the actual Wintergrasp game be an instanced queue that draws from different servers. That’s the only way it will work properly. Basically just let WG play out for quest completions and the bonus honor, and the advantage of having VoA no longer tied to Wintergrasp.

1 Like