Windows 7 no longer supported

Name checks out.

1 Like

It was free to upgrade to for the 1st year it was out. I don’t know if it still is.

I just installed it on my computer this January for free from their website.

Nah just some guy who is angry because he doesn’t understand the proper order of troubleshooting steps. Typically purchasing new hardware is the last thing you try and not the first. Common sense for most people.

4 Likes

Okay, I upgraded to 10 … I don’t even remember now. It’s been awhile.

Judging by the tone of the post as well as the name of the character, going to er on the side of troll/shill/garbage.

1 Like

I thought that too but the name and tone of their post told everything we really needed to know. So im not eating my time trouble shooting his crap. Oh and he probably has some degree in computer science. Even though as you just pointed out he doesn’t have a clue. Lol.

2 Likes

Yeah. I call BS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whatever the case I do at least find his name to be mildly entertaining.

It was free if you upgraded but that hasn’t been offered in awhile as far as I know. My old rig had the upgraded version. My new rig I spent the money and bought 10 again instead of transferring it because there was also something about the upgrade being tied to that device hardware and I wasn’t going through that headache. Cost like $80. Less headache.

Blizzard added DirectX 12 support for their award-winning World of Warcraft game on Windows 10 in late 2018. This release received a warm welcome from gamers: thanks to DirectX 12 features such as multi-threading, WoW gamers experienced substantial framerate improvement. After seeing such performance wins for their gamers running DirectX 12 on Windows 10, Blizzard wanted to bring wins to their gamers who remain on Windows 7, where DirectX 12 was not available.

At Microsoft, we make every effort to respond to customer feedback, so when we received this feedback from Blizzard and other developers, we decided to act on it. Microsoft is pleased to announce that we have ported the user mode D3D12 runtime to Windows 7.
Source: blogs msdn microsoft com/directx/2019/03/12/world-of-warcraft-uses-directx-12-running-on-windows-7/

I’m confused. Wasn’t there just this update stating the opposite?

As a Corporate Information Technology employee of fifteen years, threads like this tickle my ‘bits’.

I’ll ‘byte’ anyway - for the extra LOL’s.

• 1.12 works fine on Windows 7 64 Bit and Direct X 11. (I oughta know, I’m running a 1060 GTX )
  • Classic won’t be 1.X or 8.X anyway, Genius – it is being coded in 7.X – the Legion client. Which also worked fantastically well on Windows 7 64 Bit and Direct X 11.
  • The current 8.X Client also works perfectly fine on the same setup.

Would you like to bring anything else to the table? Perhaps how Blizzard will only be offering Classic in a box of ​3 ½ Inch Floppy Disks with a non GUI launcher that only works in native MS-DOS?

8 Likes

It is a troll.

2 Likes

You are aware that they are using the 7.3 client.
Why on earth would they put development time into an already developed client to include a feature that woukd offer 0 improvement to classic?

DOS/4G Protected Mode Run-Time Version 1.97
Copyright © Rational Systems, INC. 1990-1994

^
Will be a must! :wink:

1 Like

Well this little gem was posted in GD yesterday, which seems to indicate that they are just fine with not only supporting Windows 7, but making it better than it had been…

Yup. OP is just trolling. Report him and move on.

DX12 is avalible on Windows 7 as of today (Due to Blizzard pressure)

https:// www. theverge. com/2019/3/13/18263422/microsoft-directx-12-windows-7-world-of-warcraft-support

Only for certain games - unfortunately, not the entire client. And at this stage, that only game is World of Warcraft.

1 Like