Window Mode crashes the Game

I use ATI graphics, and any time i try to go into window mode, the screen goes crazy and flashes, then closes out the game, and no, it’s not my PC, think it’s a firmware issue on the game side that needs patched

Hello Sleepercore :wave:

Is this happening when playing Classic, or Battle For Azeroth? If it’s Classic, then we’re seeing some specific issues arising when overlay-enabled software is running (even if you’re not using the overlay features actively). Stuff like Discord, Windows Game DVR, etc.

Otherwise, let’s check for any driver updates for your video card:

:link: https://www.amd.com/en/support

If issues persist, please provide a DXDIAG report so we can review your system’s particulars!

Obtaining System Files

You can include the DXDIAG in a reply to the forum post. Place it between rows of accent marks (`) for formatting:

```
Like this.
```

1 Like

this is classic, i even tried lowering resolution size to 720p as well, still crashes, and this doesn’t happen on retail or eve online that i play

You mentioned ATI graphics, so if this is an older video card, you may need to test the workaround posted in the sticky thread for current Classic issues:

First time I fix a crash on the first fix from customer support, Kudos

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.