[Win 7] Error #132 or missing DLL on launch after patch 10.0

I have the same error as well. Uninstalling and re-installing didn’t work.

I wonder if after many years of playing this game…it may be time to unsubscribe.

Same win 7. Same error. If its now unplayable after patch im pretty miffed. Came back after a hiatus to play a month…whee. just renewed on the 20th for another month…oh well guess ill play classic until time runs out

1 Like

My card is a AMD Radeon HD 6900 I tried updating but its up to date. Ya its an 11 year old computer I built for game and still going good until this update.
Thanks for helping

1 Like

Same issue, win 7 user. Changing direct X with the command line setting didn’t work, neither did scan and repair, updating graphics card drivers, or any of the other suggestions i have seen.

1 Like

Same issue. Win 7 user here.

1 Like

I managed to make it work with -D3D11LEGACY on the wow.exe that is in retail directory, instead of "World of Warcraft Launcher.exe’, which was the mistake I was making on my case.
Windows 7, RTX 1060.

2 Likes

Lets pretend that I am a moron.
HOW do I do this?

1 Like

Yeah same. I see the d3d12 file in my Retail directory but not sure how to swap it with the -D3D11LEGACY

1 Like

What I did was, I created a shortcut of that wow.exe file inside retail folder.
After that, I right-click button the shorcut file and then properties.
In “Target” there is a text box that says the route to the executable file, let’s say “C:\YourPath\Wow.exe”. There I added -d3d11legacy. So now the “Target” text box said:
“C:\YourPath\Wow.exe” -d3d11legacy
I executed the shortcut and the game worked.

2 Likes

You may want to consider updating to at least windows 8.1 or 10 even, you don’t have to jump to 11 but 7 no longer receives updates or support.

I’m surprised that people still play the game on Windows 7.

windows 10 64 bits here and still can’t login :confused:

Blizzard themselves has said that DF can run on Windows 7

2 Likes

I’m running windows 7 and have a Geforce 1060 graphics card. Geforce experience said that there were no new game ready drivers, but when I went to their website they did have new ones. After manually downloading and installing the latest game ready driver, WoW launches fine with no dll error!

Can’t log in, getting same error on my windows 7 laptop. I dont have the luxury to buy a new laptop…stuck here in Tampa for another week with no WoW.

The Direct X settings did not work, nor did uninstalling and re-installing.

2 Likes

Same issues here for my WIN 7 PC. Had no issues until the DF release. I am running GTX 580 dual SLI cards with the latest driver update. DirectX 11 is as high as I can go

From another thread on this issue someone posted this.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000319972

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing here as well, that was me. Blizz also said that they know this fix doesn’t work for everyone and they’re investigating the root cause.

1 Like

Yes I saw that post too. It was no help. Is Blizzard working on the WIN 7 issues? I get error #132 Fatal Exception!