Will/can we get increase nameplate distance in TBC?

Please and thank you. Maybe increase it to 40, or introduce a slider to the system menu that controls how far it pops up for us.

12 Likes

Let us set the render distance for mobs, keep it how it is now for other players. That would be awesome.

No, sadly we cannot.

You like only being able to see nameplates from 20’ away?? As a hunter I’m surprised.

It looks like in the original code, the original development team intended to create a checkbox that toggled nameplate distance between 20 and 41 yards, but ran into a technical limitation.

In an upcoming build of the Burning Crusade Classic Beta, you can set the nameplate distance between 0 and 41 yards (inclusive) by setting this command in the chat box:

/script SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 41)

Thanks for the suggestion!

111 Likes

This is exactly the kind of stuff i love to see. A change. I loved TBC and want to play it again and if it can be made better, like this change does, i am all for it.

13 Likes

Hopefully, I remember this. It is max 41 range by default, right?

*Developer note; this feature will only be available on Deluxe Edition ™ accounts.

23 Likes

Thank you for both the change and the feedback.

1 Like

Nice we did it! Now let’s make threads telling blizzard to revert this change because it goes against the spirit of classic worlds of Warcraftery.

2 Likes

Hello, what about nameplates sticking to the top of your screen instead of going off?

Now this is what I call a good change.

lmao. good one

the default is 20 yards

How much will this chat command cost on the shop?

4 Likes

69 dollars

1 Like

So sweet. :smiley:

This is fantastic news.

1 Like

Great change.
Is it possible to also get nameplate clamping? Not sure when it was implemented but at some point there were clamping cvars added so nameplates on tall bosses etc stayed on the top edge of the screen and didn’t disappear out of view.
Cvars and desc:
nameplateOtherBottomInset = The inset from the bottom (in screen percent) that the non-self nameplates are clamped to.
nameplateOtherTopInset = The inset from the top (in screen percent) that the non-self nameplates are clamped to.

5 Likes

This is possabley the best news about tbc I have read.

4 Likes