Will you leave if they raise the sub price?

explaining how the token actually works isn’t gonna do much. they’ve decided it’s free and blizz pulls the money out of the air or something and no amount of shoving facts at them will change it. people who say “i pay for free” don’t understand how the token actually works at all.

1 Like

Yeah. $15 a month amounts to a 100+ from me for an expansion, plus the base price. That’s more than enough to pay for development

1 Like

I mean they are right. I pay for free. whether other person pays for the token or not is immaterial to that statement.

1 Like

i had someone try this argument with me before. do you think AAA games are made as a charity? do you not think they deserve a living wage plus benefits like so many other jobs offer? those things cost money. cost of living always goes up. there’s a lot more to it than “paying for development”. what job do you do? do you think you shouldn’t make any money off of it because it takes less money to do the job than to provide you with proper compensation?

itd just be one more incentive to leave as soon a decent MMO comes to the market.

until such an MMO shows up were pretty much stuck arnt we?

thats why monopolies are bad :wink: even if its not a real monopoly it’s basically one.

2 Likes

you pay with gold. it’s not free. you exchange your gold for someone elses real life money. not free.

Gold has no real value, therefore free.

I probably won’t renew after the 6 months run out. $24 a month (after tax now) for a game I probably play for 24 hours a month is a bit steep, especially considering it isn’t blowing me away with how good the content is.

gold does have real value because of the token. if it didn’t you wouldn’t be able to buy other blizzard games with it. you thinking you’'re getting one over on blizz or whatever doesn’t change that.

No because I make enough money to pay for wow even if they raise the price

Triple A titles typically charge a base price only. WoW charges a subscription (which I’m obviously ok with paying) for continued development throughout the expansion. As I said, $15 a month is more than enough. Meaning, a large portion of that is profit. If the margins weren’t ok, it would have changed years ago.

And I work in software dev for automation systems, we charge a base price. Not sure how that’s even relevant lol

It would depend on how much, but I most likely would not leave if they raise the price by just a few bucks more. I mostly pay for my sub with WoW Gold, and that price fluctuates anyway.

If my Gold ran low and I started buying more time with actual money, or if they ended the ability to buy Game Time with Gold, I would strongly reconsider lol. But as of now, I would be fine with it.

If they raised it to $20 and promised it would not change for at least 10 or 15 years, that would be understandable. Maybe at the start of the next expansion though. I think raising the price mid expac is pretty cold blooded.

Already gone and not for the price. My time is up in 8h according to the launcher.

I don’t know anyone who pays for a month, quits for a couple weeks, pays for a month, quits for a week, pays for a month, quits for a month, pays for a month, etc.

So I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.

You said they’re changing the sub price for lots of places. I pointed out the sub price for Canada isn’t one of those that’s changing. Only game time. It’s not rocket science to set up a monthly sub and then cancel it when you need or want to.

You can’t exchange gold outside of Blizzard’s own microsector and it’s automatically generated by the game. It has no monetary value really, as you can’t actually use it to buy things in the real world.

its a stronger currency than a lot of real world currencies…

Perhaps it has to do with the universal value of currencies?

I’d rather that they didn’t increase the sub cost, but if that’s what it takes to prevent the game from turning into full on cash shop crap I’d live with it. Games subsidized by cash shops that sell non-fluff items are an absolute scourge and I cannot in good mind support any of them, so if Blizz took that route with WoW I would quit immediately.

all the big MMOs charge box cost plus a sub. if you want to play a game like overwatch that’s all you have to pay. but it doesn’t receive the type of constant updates and babysitting MMOs do. not a great comparison.

A bit amazed at some comments whom haven’t tried a different route to subscribe