Will we be compensated for the time lost for what has already been paid?

Hello team blizzard,

Basically I don’t have any issue or something like that, but I really feel that the times in which the game has been off lately are very high, so I ask you to send me the clause or section of the contract where you mention this unavailability of the game for users who, like me, pay a year in advance or who, on the contrary, will return this dead time to us in some way.

I greatly appreciate your response and I’ll stay tuned.

1 Like

You will not.

5 Likes

That is not a decision made by CS and will be determined by the devs after the realms are back online.

It looks like it has also barely been four hours since maintenance began so I would not recommend getting your hopes up.

7 Likes

Specifically:

Section 1-vii: “You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using your Account. If you choose a recurring subscription for a Game, you acknowledge that payments will be processed automatically (e.g., debited from your Battle.net Balance or charged to your credit card) until you cancel the subscription or the Account. Blizzard may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Platform at any time. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BLIZZARD IS NOT REQUIRED TO REFUND AMOUNTS YOU PAY TO BLIZZARD FOR USE OF THE PLATFORM, OR FOR DIGITAL PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THE PLATFORM, FOR ANY REASON, EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.”

And Section 5: “Limited Warranty. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PLATFORM, ACCOUNTS, AND THE GAME(S) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” BASIS FOR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE USE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, TITLE, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, and the entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Platform and the Game(s) remains with the user.”

Now, as to your question in the thread title: Maybe. They determine compensation when all issues which caused the downtime are fixed. Generally, this is a planned feature that has a couple issues, and that usually doesn’t involve compensation. However, that is not set in stone, and they may provide it.

9 Likes

The price of the game take things like maintenance, both scheduled and emergency, into account. As others have mentioned, Customer Support doesn’t make the determination on if compensation is provided, that is done by our Game Developers.

Traditionally, it usually takes more than the current outage for that to happen. If you believe compensation is warranted, it would be best to post in the General Discussion forum with that feedback.

11 Likes

I had almost 2 months worth of free time for Maint issues between 2004 and Legion. That was only if the senior mgt determined that down time was so extenstive, that it was not within reasonable amounts expected for an online MMO.

Usually when the game was down full days for multiple days in a row. That has not happened in a long time though.

If Mgt determines that the maint window exceeds what should be reasonable, they MAY make the decision to compensate. If so it will be done after all the issues are over and the total impact can be analyzed.

CS has no say in any of that.

10 Likes

I want a gladiator dragon, this is honest compensation!!!

6 Likes

I mean… so do I!

13 Likes

You heard it here first folks, Vrakthris of Blizzard support wants compensation for down time! Now is the time to rise up

3 Likes

You didn’t cancel it tho, you’re just saying that

1 Like

Here is .05 cents for your refund don’t spend it all at once.

2 Likes

If you can add value to the staff, apply here: https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en

Me too.

14 Likes

I want a pony!

2 Likes

They couldn’t afford me!!!

I guarantee that is not the issue…

6 Likes

I’d say there is enough frustration around this without adding more vinegar, so let’s just end this one here.

22 Likes