Will there be servers that are locked as pre-bc classic?

What I mean is, will they create all new servers that will be like the originals progression to BC, while keeping some servers locked as “vanilla” wow only? with the last balance/change patch before BC.

Cuz While I do enjoy the thought of experiencing BC fresh for the first time(came in during the tail end of bc/start of WoTLK iirc.) I also still haven’t quite experienced all of the original WoW like I really wanted to. I realize that is partly my fault since I’ve taken my time way to much with it, and jumped back into modern wow during shadowlands, but I do still want to enjoy the pre-bc WoW, warts and all, with none of the major class/race balance changes that happened in later expansions

All existing realms will have an original-Classic version, which will never change, and a BC version.

I cannot actually tell whether that makes the answer to your question “yes” or “no.” But that’s what they’re currently planning.

so if how i’m understanding it, then does that mean that once bc classic hits, you’ll just have a clone of your character on a “separate”(or “alternate reality” might be a better term) realm, that is locked at level 60(if you’ve reached it) and then another one where it’ll be able to level them past 60 and do the BC content? I just wanna make sure that there’ll still be realms/worlds that are entirely vanilla wow, no BC, No draenei, blood elves, etc.

I get that in wow pre-cataclysm, most of the old questlines were intact, but the class and race balances weren’t. It was overall still a different experience as old content was also made slightly easier, and other QoL changes were beginning to happen.

EDIT: NVM. I just found some more info on it. It’s pretty much exactly the above. And I’m fine with that. I can have a clone of my character forever locked in the vanilla wow realm, while another one can move on to the BC content.

Sort of. You need to pick one, you can’t play the same character on both without paying Blizzard.

Yes.

1 Like

This next video is from their Q & A and Time Stamped straight to their discussion about the “fresh” server concept (hint: not at this time):
https://youtu.be/v4SoCQg5Ufg?t=4200

1 Like

All of the current servers will become TBC servers, BUT there will be “clone” servers for your “Classic Only” characters.

So yes, there will be “Classic” servers in the same space as separate TBC servers.

1 Like

Oh most definitely! I have a Time Stamped video, for you, where she explicitly states “PERMA CLASSIC SERVERS!!!” (paraphrasing but still :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
https://youtu.be/D_1oHNx-8T0?t=1513