Will the pandemic delay xpac release?

Title^

I would like to just casually arena, but I haven’t even unlocked my cloak. Then I would have to upgrade it, hunt for azerite pieces then get corrupted gear pieces. Just thinking about all this has already burned me out and caused me to log off.

(Yes I know… I should be worried about health and the economy etc…)

Well, BfA was a rushed piece of crap that basically released as early access without a pandemic.

My bet is that it’s still released late 2020 but will probably be even more of an unfinished garbage product than BfA was at launch.

6 Likes

Do you need to ask? Highly probable that it will be delayed like just about everything else in the world.

Who knows how long though as we are still in the middle of everything. At lease we think so but the future will tell us what’s going to happen.

Obviously doesn’t matter now. They saw the numbers rise after classic and they realize the cash cow is to produce old content magically discovered even though they “lost it” and just give the simps what they want. The majority of worthy minds have been pushed towards pumping out old content that idiots will eat up trying to get that feeling back. I have absolutely zero hope Shadowlands will be an improvement on BFA.

3 Likes

Apparently they are getting ready for a half-finished SL release with their “BC-Classic” survey, you’ll get people flooding it for a couple of months and then get bored it it.

Enough money will be made to make SL a “success” in their money reports since anything “Classic” is still within World of Warcraft a a product.

This is hilarious speculation on your part. A bit too cynical, honestly.

On topic, if anyone truly thought SL was releasing earlier than first quarter 2021, they were deluding themselves even before the virus spread outside of China.

If they do you’ll see more people demanding refunds on their preorders. If they don’t then it’ll be a bunch of features cut and riddled with bugs.

the release by date is december 31 2020. so before corona came out it was assured that it would be released before then lol

You mean the default date they put on every pre-order? WCIII had 12/31/2019 as its “expected” release date when it became available for pre-order at blizzcon 2018 and didn’t release until late January this year.

There was no way, based on what we learned from Blizzcon and since, that they were or are far enough along in the process to guarantee a release this year.

thats a different game that was literally shipped and made by chinese company this year. blizzard has never done that with wow in the past and is made by completely different teams and ceos.

Blizz has historically been late in delivering games, albeit years ago the wait was well worth it. I agree with Notorious, this will more then likely come out some time early next year.

Do you really think they need extra time to release 4 new zones and a new terrible horrific vision?

8.2 had more content than what’s on the table for Shadowlands… I highly doubt the expansion will be delayed at all.