Will the horde be able to change?

I do not think so… A Warcheif would be fighting Mok’gora daily if such was the case. We have never seen chieftains or Warcheifs fight in Mok’gora unless it was someone of renown.

He and the Warband at his back lol…

You’re not clever, you’re not triggering me… I am not trying to trigger you, it’s just a statement of fact. Grom did not fight Cenarius on his own, he had significant help.

So saying that is a sure example of why he would beat Ogrim in a fight is just wrong.

Or the civilians fled before the armies go there? You’re whole point is baseless unless you can show me, specifically, where Blizzard said the Kaldorei commit Genocide on the Trolls.

In fact, Azshara settled the conflict more diplomatically than she needed too. She could have just slaughtered ever troll along the way… Instead she negotiated terms with the Zandalari.

The Kaldorei won a war… that is not evidence of Genocide.

People keep forgetting that without drinking the demon blood, they were getting checked left and right by the night elves.

And not, like, mega-powered night elves.

Just the “get the hell out of our forest” night elves.

…I miss them.

I think during the interview after Terror of Darkshore was announced, the Devs even said most of the Horde’s experience has been against Night Elf Civilians and Militia. Not even military.

1 Like

That is what I am saying, they could of names the location whatever and done whatever and they choose to do this. The had full control, let’s be honest they aren’t the best at consistencies and often contradict themselves and retcon lore.

1 Like

Well that’s sort of the point, when there isn’t a cohesive narrative what discussion is there? There’s a particular reason why this forum get so much less attention than it did even a couple years ago. There’s no consistent narrative so it makes discussing the narrative a joke. We are not discussing character motives and lore theorycrafting we specifically try to figure out what the Blizzard writing team is thinking so we can make some sense out of what is being shown to us because there is no immersion left for us to believe anything as true to the story.

10 Likes

What backlash?

1 Like

Nup.

Cause we’re the Horde. Blizzards automatic choice for throwing a spanner into the works whenever we need some bloody conflict or cause to start butchering one another.

You may not hear from us for awhile during SLs atleast until crazy Tyrande makes her move. Cause something tells me the Banshee Queens death won’t be enough and even if it isn’t what another war crime for the Horde?

Alliance can’t stop us.

And yet they aren’t, so you’re wrong.
:man_shrugging:

I’m glad we agree that Grom Hellscream, the orcish bamf, killed the ever loving hell out of Cenarius so hard that Cenarius was afraid to come to defend the Night Elves during the War of Thorns.

I mentioned the demon blood.

One single clan who was massively outnumbered by the entire night elf empire was on the ropes, yes.

Nah. Just Blizzard was afraid to use him because then the Horde would have lost. Cenarius’ children still came to defend the Night Elves.

2 Likes

Hell, if Sylvanas didn’t play cat and mouse with dear old Malfy then he would have likely wiped the floor with the Horde army.

…sure.

Sure.

Malfurion’s most impressive feat in BFA was killing some Horde trash mobs in a cutscene.

As most PCs can obliterate enemy guards at max level with decent gear - this is not exactly formidable. If you’re just tunning in here Malfurion does not come off as all that notably powerful.

And honestly that cutscene ought to have been Tyrande doing slasher movie stuff instead. I guarantee you a lot of people on these forums would have a more negotiable attitude if that had been the case.

2 Likes

What part of that are you confused by? Thrall sent the Warsong clan on their lonesome to harvest lumber as a punishment because Grom was acting crazy.

Not like the Horde PC accomplished anything against the Alliance in BfA, either.

Killed some town guards and helped raise their captain, sunk a few kul’tiran ships, bumped off a few tide sages is about the extent of it.

EDIT: Said town guards might have been Ashvane flunkies and said tide sages might have been old god worshipers. Not certain about that last one though.

Mine used chronomancy to timewalk to pre-invasion Darkshore, just so he could catch a boat to beat up Velen with two friends.

And that was just for a bear he wanted but will never use. Speak for yourself.

1 Like

Despite the interviewers constantly bending over backwards to praise Blizzard in their interviews, Danauser (or maybe Ion?) have stated there was issues with BfA’s set-up for Horde players and they should’ve been more blatant.

So when they feel like they didn’t do MOP “justice” like they did when they cooked up BfA, they’ll revisit the same story but hamfist it even harder.

This time, focusing on the Alliance because the points they mostly acknowledge is how the Horde didn’t have proper motivation.

1 Like

I’m sad my old thread about how the Horde is bizarrely caricatured in Alliance questing when the Alliance is portrayed neutrally in Horde questing died with the site change.

But yeah…the Alliance player is never presented a Horde that’s sympathetic in any real way during their average questing experience. Which just makes them suddenly being asked to see “the good in the Horde” when it reaches the part of the story where the plotlines merged so hard to swallow.

The Horde could still have been the more villainous party in the BFA war without this divide, even if I don’t like that either. Blizzard seemed to be under the impression I the Horde player needed to be drowned in Pathos to question what I’m doing, but didn’t seem to get they need to not show every single random Horde NPC the Alliance player meets is a brutal monster if they want anyone NOT to agree with Genocide Sea Man while they were exploring his homeland.

15 Likes

I haven’t seen this–do you have a link? The only admission of less-than-perfect story I’ve seen from anyone at Blizzard was the idea that patches were too open-ended and didn’t come to a good stopping point.

1 Like

Pretty much.

It’s not a question of whether or not the Horde can change. Of course they can. They’re a creation of Blizzard, same as the Alliance, or anything else in the game.

It’s really all a matter of how Blizzard will choose to characterize and contextualize them in the game.

So yeah, they can change. What they change into will be anybody’s guess.

11 Likes