Will Shadowlands be the final WoW expansion?

No, It won’t be the last expansion, WOW is still making a lot of money, the shareholders won’t let them.
They will milk it as long as they could, sell it to another company,
and that company will further milk it to the twisting nether.

If you buy it, expansions will come.

The last 14 years of expansion threads, they want their words back from your post :wink:

People have said that every single expansion. The record breaking pre-order sales, plus first week sales, mean that the machine is never going to stop cranking them out.

This game is the only “World of Warcraft 2” we’ll ever get; Blizzard is the king of the “Western Premium Monthly Subscription MMORPG” and even they think it is dead; so they’ll keep milking this one, since it is way easier than making a new one, for as long as it keeps giving them millions.

Yep.

The heroes may have defeated Azshara but she is still kicking and will probably aid them in battle against the void lords.

@Dirona I just did. Out of the 5 top grossing games WoW wasn’t on there. 1. Minecraft 2. GTA 5 3. Tetris 4. Wii Sports 5. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. In fact WoW wasn’t even on the top 50. I then googled the highest grossing MMO just to see if you were right on that but even then it only ranks 4 on the list. So I would say you are incorrect on your statement. Let me know if you what you put in to google so I can find what you’re saying. I googled “Highest Grossing Game of all time” For my Top 5 and then googled “Highest Grossing MMO of all time” for WoW being at number 4.

THey have already said SL will not be the last expansion .

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cant-use-my-covenant-ability-outside-of-the-shadowlands/668623/59

This is a response from Ion in regards to Covenant Powers not working out of SL zones being reverted . In it he mentions there will be another expansion .

1 Like

3 word: Battle for Shadowlands.

Probs gonna be last expansion for me as well unless 10.0 shows something good. They’ve already defeated the legion and old gods, i’m not invested into the Jailor or anything like that.

Edit: necroed thread. Nevermind. :roll_eyes:

No. They’re going to milk this cow dry for as long as they can, which will probably be for more than a few years.

Whether Shadowlands manages to flop or succeed, however, determines if it’ll be sooner rather than later.

WoW will be around until it makes less than it brings in…then its done.

I think it will. Story wise I don’t see it getting any crazier than sending everybody to their afterlife. Also the level cap is 60 just like classic so they probably won’t want to change that again.

WoW is their biggest money maker, they wouldn’t dream to end it. As far as I know they are just now expanding the mythos of warcraft. Cosmology chart might get bigger.

Will Cataclysm be the final wow expansion? Will Legion be the final wow expansion? Will my next BM be the final wow expansion?

We still have the expansion where we fight the baby versions of all the characters. It will take place on a farm where one gets the sunflower pet.
We might even be miniature toons similar to “Honey I Shrunk The Kids, And CPS Is Claiming Endangerment”

Oh nvm, didn’t think of a Honey I Shrunk the Kids expansion, they’ll definitely do that. Not sure what I was thinking.

People want this game to end so bad. Just go along for the ride, and if the game crashes and burns in the end, then at least you had some fun along the way. And if you’re not having fun, WHY PLAY? People want to complain about loot and rewards, as if it actually means anything. I’ve lost count of how many games I’ve stopped playing where I attempted to attain the best loot, and now the game is collecting dust. Point is, I play this game for the lore and storyline, and to socialize with friends and guildies. So I don’t think Shadowlands will be the last expansion, even if it ends up being another BFA. I think what blizzard needs to do is dial back on all these cosmic enemies, and spread them out between smaller expansions that deal with lesser enemies.

The Alliance, Pending Defeat…

If its anything like BfA… probably.

Blizzard already went on record and said that Shadowlands isn’t the last expansion.

Edit: Necros…