Will S3 gladiator cutoff rating change due to dqs?

LF response too

1 Like

Bump bump bump.

3 Likes

Snoozin, how unmotivated are you to play right now regarding these shenanigans? I feel like people could really grief the ladder this season if they wanted if they kept making super high rated teams and then leaving the teams but having a random level 70 alt hold the team as a placeholder. Well anyways…you are the first team on the bubble and my team is number two.

3 Likes

I feel you guys. I am r1 duelist in EU for 2s bracket… Seeing empty teams taking actual slot is not only frustrating but also demotivating. I mean, there are already a lot of empty teams again in s4 in r1 and glad cutoff… At this point just let the 5 same players fill the entire cutoff and screw the other player right ? …

Come on Blizz at least remove empty teams for s3 and give reward to the people that actually made it in the top 0.5% of the player base.

3 Likes

I counted 15 teams ineligible for rewards in s3 within glad / r1 range for eu ladder. Not only that your team played lots of games…enough to at least be considered for a reward for your effort.

There were 17 teams on the US ladder within gladiator range or better which received injections…aka the original team members received help up to a 100 rating boost from other players to push them into glad range. Perhaps all of us were foolish to not pay someone gold to receive this service. You couldve gotten to 2712 and then have two r1 players play on your charter for the last 100 rating for an easy glad. I could’ve played more but had back to back rough days for work…had to be up at 5 am on monday and tuesday. Not only that I glanced at previous season history and saw how the gladiator cutoff rating was ALWAYS adjusted. With all the injecting and boosting going on I felt like it was the better call to sit…

4 Likes

Tbh my partner and I knew it was a risk when we decided to sit below cutoff, but we had the same mindset that you did. Figured that cutoffs would easily get us there. Not getting a glad when you think you’re safe is always a bummer, but at the end of the day that’s the risk you take relying on DQs. I just wish blizz would respond to give clarity. If the future decision is to not lower the cut off after DQs, I wish they’d at least explicitly say that and explain the reasoning as opposed to leaving us guessing

What’s more frustrating is the injecting, which shouldn’t be in the game and there is no justification for it. It’s even worse than someone getting piloted because their character doesn’t even have to go into the arena for the last 100 points. Sadly I don’t think it’s gonna be looked at before season 4 ends, but I’m just glad that whole issue will go away when personal rating comes in wrath

3 Likes

Also, keep in mind the injectors are also taking points from legit teams… legit teams are losing to sometimes two r1 players playing on another team’s charter. It’s happened to me many times…huge flaw with the current system.

3 Likes

We did exactly the same as you Snoozin. We were 2 pts above cut off 1hours before the end of the seaon. We knew that there were some chances that we end a couple points under the cutoff but we decided to sit. Knowing that cutoff were adjusted every season that ever existed in WoW… Even on retail where glad is fixed at 2k4, the r1 cutoff is still being adjusted every season.

It’s really sad to see nothing being done the only time you need it… Really hard to keep motivation playing the game. Having no answer on this thread (with almost 100 post) is also not giving us the impression anyone cares… Are we even being read ?

2 Likes

I think they are reading this post. One thing to note is they did recently address plans for those stuck on dying servers and or PvE servers allowed to transfer to pvp. This stuff has been floating on the servers for a while and I do think they listened to the community in this regard.

Our post here has over 2.2 k views and as you mentioned close to 100 posts. So I truly hope we are on the radar. A simple post from any blue on the matter would definitely go miles!

2 Likes

Bump for response.

Right on!~

1 Like

Going on 5 weeks with no cheaters getting banned and no ineligible teams being removed from title spots.

2 Likes

Bump for answer. What can we expect ?

1 Like

I wonder how long this thread will go unnoticed? I think we should get a response today… its friday… or we will see some action maybe by next tuesdays reset?

5 Likes

Bump for response.

1 Like

Still looking for an answer here please.

3 Likes

i’m doing my part, bump

2 Likes

bump for the homies

2 Likes

Bump for all the people that put in their work and want honest answer.

2 Likes

Bump for the big jnate

2 Likes