Will Raszageth go to elemental heaven?

Will Raszy ascend to the elemental plane of Skywall upon dying :thinking: or … {shudders} end up somewhere in the Shadowlands? :grimacing:

(There’s also the possibility there’s another universal elemental plane, outside of the Titans creations)

I mean, personally I hope for the former than the latter, seeing her in the future would be wicked cool. Not so much as a villain to defeat again, but just as an edgy character who’s flipping us off in humanoid form, sipping a pina-colada with petty lines thrown @ us and spices things up a bit lol – I’d like a similar or same ordeal with the other incarnates too, but yeah.

What’re all your thoughts? :grin:

2 Likes

She’s a kyrian if ever I seen one, sorry.

1 Like

As far as we know the proto-drakes are not considered elemental. So yeah, I expect she would go to the shadowlands and possibly sent to an afterlife tailored to what she wants(think how the lava eel went to a afterlife with lava)

I think she will reach the Shadowlands, though her actions might have earned a short stop at Revendreth before her ultimate afterlife. There is a case for her going to Bastion, though.

1 Like

Maldraxxus seems more like her thing

2 Likes

Or you know, there are infinite afterlives out there and not everyone has to end up in the four covenants?

5 Likes

Depending on how much of the air element she was infused it, she’s like in the Air Elemental pocket plane and will reform in time.

That of course, depends on how much more elemental in nature she is as opposed to draconic

Don’t Elementals just get recycled? Assuming she, as a dragon, doesn’t go to the Dream on death. Depends on how ‘elemental’ they truly are in the end ig and how much that changes it.

Granted I know Shadowlands and DF have avoided mentioning it directly lmao but we do know the Emerald Dream is the Dragon afterlife and has been since around 2004.

2 Likes

It does raise some questions about dragons and their afterlives. Dragons go to G’hanir in the Emerald Dream, but do protodrakes? Probably not, so my assumption is they go to the elemental plains.

1 Like

I feel like only some dragons go to the emerald dream, like only those who were part of the Aspects flights. The emerald dream is apparently the domain of the green aspect and presumably a place governed by by order (titans), as it was created at their behest.

1 Like

We’ve seen a Realm of Nature governed by Order(the Emerald Dream) and a Realm of Nature governed by Death(Ardenweald) so when are we seeing Realms of Nature governed by Light(which loves Holy more than anything), Life(which loves Nature), Void(which loves Shadow) and Disorder(which loves Sulfuric Fel Fire to the point it is the most common form of Disorder over other forms of Fel)?

Mind you as well, the dragon Zallestrasza speaks of sending a dragon soul to the afterlife in the quest 'Life Preserver’

“Watch my back while I ensure my cousin’s soul flies amid the branches of G’Hanir, safe from undeath.”

— So there’s a chance there dragon afterlife is where G’Hanir endures (Perhaps absorbed into the dream before the Sundering buckled the majority of Grand-Kalimdor) for all dragon kind to have their spirits find refuge …

That all being said, it’d still be wicked cool to see the Incarnates go to the elemental plains to return back to the story one day :grin:

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do? It’s -all- winged creatures that are meant for it in some lore depictions. And even other non winged animals go to the Dream.

It is also fair to note for some comments here. Despite being derived from ordered sorts, the Dream is very wild still. It’s the infinite potential of nature. Possibly a result of this beyond before the modern need to ‘morally grey’ everything like the Titans lol. But a lot of concepts explicitly tied to ‘order’ don’t even work in the Emerald Dream, such as time. You could possibly attribute this to the super early lore where Titans like Golganneth and Eonar respected chaotic aspects of existence. Such as Golganneth’s association with wind and lightning.

2 Likes

Well the Emerald Dream use to be the Wild God afterlife too but they changed that :unamused:
I hated that personally (Them changing it, with Ardenweald etc). Put a buzzkill on druid lore for me.

My understanding was they’d reincarnate, through the world they were bound to. Which is why the Titanforged couldn’t just outright kill them – So the Titanforged crafted the elemental plains and bound the elementals to them, so they would be banished there upon their death & since the elemental planes are cut off from the world (Azeroth for example) they would not reincarnate if slain in their respective elemental planes.

1 Like

Same, very much same. I honestly don’t think anybody who pushed the Ardenweald envelope really understood the lore of the Emerald Dream. Maybe it’s Chronicles #1s fault in general, when they tried to say Nature = Life and just life. Then BfA tried to be like ‘but our cool new druids also use death’ even though prior to Chronicles 1, traditional Druidism already did, just how death -actually- exists in nature.

I don’t know how much they can really get out of Druid lore anymore with the innate contradiction to most older material that Ardenweald caused. In a way, Warcraft Druid lore was really unique because of tons of multicultural inspirations, and even more modern inspirations like The Green in Swamp Thing comics, which is def more than just Tir Na Oog. I mean lets be honest, the main ‘style’ of the two first druidic races in the game, were actually more Korean/Shinto and North American than celtic. Just doesn’t sit right with me then that Ardenweald is JUST discount Tir Na Oog, not anything more creative of expansive.

Dumb question time but what Native American influences are there in Cenarion Druidism?

That was poor phrasing on my part: I meant that the 2 first druid races in WoW were not primarily based off celtic myth, but off heavily off Korean / Japanese for the Night Elves, and Native American for the Tauren. Most to make a point that the ‘nature afterlife’ playing into neither of those seems so weird when that is the lens we originally viewed nature through in this setting.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Come to think of it, I wonder why I thought night elves had more celtic stuff in the first place? Maybe just off the word druid alone, I guess. Isn’t their racial symbol based off of the celtic knot, and Elune’s phases being reminiscent of the maiden/mother/crone?

I think it’s just the general historical connotation of Druid and Elves to Europe. And to be fair, they do have some references. Cenarius feels like a reference to Cernunnos. But I feel like fantasy even before Warcraft sort of detatched Druidism just from it’s pagan roots, and it’s become the ‘green man’ trope you find across the globe. It’s not entirely honest for me to say it like it’s only Korea / Japan, but a lot of the Druidic stuff beyond names, does lean harder into that. Tbf NEs are a very weird cluster of very radically different inspirations. Grecko-Roman, East Asian, some loose Persian and Celtic. And honestly I can appreciate a nature themed race being very multi-cultural given how much nature has shaped our collective species history. Which is why you’d just expect the nature afterlife, in a 2020 game full of tons of different cultural inspirations, to be the same.

At the same time, Blizzard did admit that they weren’t even taking cultural perspectives into account until Dragonflight itself, so it’s really not that surprising. It’s why Bwonsamdi originally wasn’t even planned to have a role in Shadowlands at all (strongly suspect he was supposed to be killed off) and the real-world lwa equivalent to God was instead dubbed a loa of treachery (first written in WoD, I think?). Whoever first wrote that would’ve had to consciously look up if there was a snake lwa and actively refuse to read about what it represented.

From what I understand, it’s just an unfortunate fact that when WoW first came out, it was relatively way more progressive in a way that ripping cultures off was acknowledging that they existed at all. But stories in game design grew since then, while WoW was still trying to top itself in spectacle.

1 Like