Will PVP vendors make the PVE crowd mad?

Am I? I didn’t even realize what I said was controversial until it got flagged, LOL. I thought we all agreed that BC raiders were giant babies. Apparently not, LOL.

They’ve already stated that PvE gear is going to be better in PvP.

Having a vendor won’t change that the best way of gearing for PvP is M+.

Probably because it was the case in the expansions previous to BFA? Cata only gated t2 weapons behind rating and there was no rating gate at all in MoP and WoD. Even people that only did random BGs got their PvP BiS. Which is how it should be.

4 Likes

You spend most of your time on these forums crying about raiders. But yeah, those BC raiders… big time babies. Not you, though

1 Like

For the past 2 years you could get heroic raid level gear (including azerite, rings, and trinkets) through PvP alone by turning in conquest.

I’m speaking more along the lines of what I remember, which was back in MoP. I skipped WoD, and came back for legion.

I wholeheartedly disagree. You should not be able to competitively gear for PvP by doing only PvE content and vice versa. At most, current mythic level raid gear should be the equivalent of a full set of the lowest current level of PvP gear. Similarly, gladiator level PvP gear should be the equivalent of the a full set of LFR gear for PvE.

The two are vastly different in their requirements and skill set and thus should have completely separate gear sets that benefit the play style they were obtained in.

4 Likes

I PvP and raid and I agree that the gear should be entirely different in terms of power. I would have no problem playing both to get both sets of gear. The fact that covenant abilities are going to have more of an impact on your ability to PvP than any sort of PvP gear makes no sense to me. Talking about choices but the choice you make should be whether or not you want to actually play the content and earn the rewards and gain the skill in them, not just pick a 1/4 ability that is going to be tailored to x area of the game

I wouldn’t go that far in the comparison, but I agree with the general gist of it.

Especially in the current model, where it’s SO MUCH EASIER to get 475 (or the equivalent in the patch) from PvE (especially in M+) than it is to play at a rating that would earn that naturally in PvP.

Though on a slight tangent, M+ gearing has completely killed WoW gearing for the mid/low end with it rendering anything under Heroic Gear essentially unusable.

1 Like

Pvp vendors will probably not be higher than heroic raid gear with high rating. I doubt they’ll put anything higher, you’ll have to rely on your weekly caches for mythic gear like you already do.

PVP vendors to provide PVP players with PVP gear makes perfect sense. But what I don’t like is when a non-PVP reward is only available from PVP. Don’t force players to play in a way they don’t enjoy. I doubt PVP players would be thrilled if the only way to get the best PVP gear was to do a fishing tournament.

We’re all paying customers. Reward people for their play style. Don’t force people into a play style they don’t enjoy to get things unrelated to a specific play style. I have no problem with PVP players having a PVP vendor for cool PVP gear. Mythic dungeons drop great gear for raiders. I don’t raid, thus I don’t need raiding gear. But I shouldn’t have to “gear up” to do mythics because a crafting component I need only drops in mythics and it is BOP.

Everyone cries when they someone else gets something they didn’t, or couldn’t.
This isn’t a PvE or PvP player thing, it’s an everyone thing.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Blizzard is trying to stifle PvP. PvP is literally like one of the few evergreen content in the game.

1 Like

In all my years of playing, I have never seen a person complain about PvP gear in a PvE setting.

Okay. I mean I’m not going to tell you that you’re lying, but I don’t know how long you’ve played, in what circles you played, etc.

As someone who played during BC, there was definitely salt about PvP weapons. Weapons were a big deal for melee DPS back in the day, a melee DPS who didn’t have a good crafted weapon was basically dog poo in a raid until he got a really good drop. PvP weapons “fixed” that problem by allowing you to just purchase a weapon you wanted.

What made it doubly a problem was that the way the rating system worked back in the day made “team selling” (ratings were associated with a team back then) very easy. You could get a team up in rating and if they got at least IIRC 30% of the total games logged onto that arena rating, they fully qualified for that team. Teams also started at 1500 rating so it was a very short climb if you were a good player. All-in-all, this meant that very wealthy players would have better weapons than a number of hardcore raiders. The salt was legendary, absolutely legendary. People would whine and moan. When people figured out what was going, even raiders started paying their way towards getting carried, and you can be sure that they let everyone know that they hated that this was something they had to do, as if being carried by a PvPer was such a dishonor (they could just “git gud” but of course they couldn’t).

By the end of the expansion this was largely no longer the case, as glaives were completely busted and most raiders had the gear they wanted by then, but early, especially during the s2 era, the salt was legendary.

Played since early BC…potentially late Vanilla, don’t really remember.

However, I’m sorry, but I’ve never heard of folks complaining about it. I was active in PVE and PVP in BC and never got flak because I did so. S2 PvP gear did last me a helluva long time, but I didn’t hear any complaining about it. The most I kind of remember is something about Warlocks in T6 killin’ folks in BGs and like you mention, the Warglaives.

Not that I don’t doubt it happens, but I have never experienced someone being upset over PvP gear in the PvE setting.

If it’s an actual issue, just go back to the WoD model where PvP gear is scaled down in PvE and scaled up in PvP. Warmode makes it even easier to handle.

Yeah, I remember BC. I remember the only decent weapon I could get was from the final boss of Karazhan. Farmed it for months and couldn’t get the drop. But you could get the exact same weapon by running arena for a couple of weeks. Kind of made raiding irrelevant. Considering the time investment or getting keyed for the raids and then farming them in BC, it was ridiculous that pvp got stuff so much easier.

That fact that there was pvp gear wasn’t the issue, it was that it was so much easier to get for the same power level.

Good on you getting your vendors back. Vendors for pvp does not affect me in the least.

I bet it’ll make them mad. Because people are already mad about the M+ pathway of gearing too. Heaven forbid gear comes from outside of raiding. :roll_eyes:

Honestly?
I don’t give a sh$$t.

I don’t do anything related to PvP.

It is still faster to go to a specific dungeon with 1 or 2 friends until you get the item you are looking for.

It would affect me too much if they put conduits with PvE effects behind some PvP activity.

As happened with the essences.

I suppose that many who only do PvP are affected by the fact that a specific essence is behind a reputation or a raid.