Will PVP vendors make the PVE crowd mad?

I’m not incredibly geared by any means, but I got to 463 ilvl through PvP alone. People can gear through PvP.

1 Like

Why did you expect that to change?

1 Like

No thanks. WoW is an RPG. My Sword of Orc Slaying should be useful for slaying NPC Orcs and player Orcs.

PvP gear should just be gear for the most part. I think the most PvP gear that should be firmly PvP gear is PvP trinkets. Stuff like Malediction works pretty well. I also think it is good Blizzard is bringing back “The PvP Trinket” instead of baking it into a tree for everyone.

This. I think people are confusing “I want PvP vendors” with “I want free BIS loot”. I hate welfare gear. Welfare gear is the reason that PvP progression has been treated like garbage for so long, because if PvP gear is free, it needs to suck, which has been the core problem. If my character is a gladiator, he should be able to do anything. Elite PvP Gear should be BIS for PvP hands down and very strong loot for almost any form of content that exists.

The problem is it’s literally 10x easier to get the same gear doing PvE, why is it so much easier to gear for PvP in PvE? You need to be in the top 1% of the PvP ladder to get gear equal to a +15 which everyone and their mother can do.

So PvE players get mythic ilvl gear that is essentially BiS for PvP, for free, while we need to be in gladiator range to get the same level of gear.

It’s inherently broken.

4 Likes

The problem is M+ is too easy in that case. +15 is supposed to be the equivalent of a Gladiator title or Cutting-Edge. Sounds like corruptions simply screwed up the tuning for season 4.

It was the same in Legion, I was doing +15’s within 2 days of boosting a toon, they’re inherently easy content.

you’re seething dude.

PVP vendors have always been fine for raiders. What wasn’t fine was nonsense like the BOTE honor grind… but that wasn’t fine for anybody.

Am I? I didn’t even realize what I said was controversial until it got flagged, LOL. I thought we all agreed that BC raiders were giant babies. Apparently not, LOL.

They’ve already stated that PvE gear is going to be better in PvP.

Having a vendor won’t change that the best way of gearing for PvP is M+.

Probably because it was the case in the expansions previous to BFA? Cata only gated t2 weapons behind rating and there was no rating gate at all in MoP and WoD. Even people that only did random BGs got their PvP BiS. Which is how it should be.

4 Likes

You spend most of your time on these forums crying about raiders. But yeah, those BC raiders… big time babies. Not you, though

1 Like

For the past 2 years you could get heroic raid level gear (including azerite, rings, and trinkets) through PvP alone by turning in conquest.

I’m speaking more along the lines of what I remember, which was back in MoP. I skipped WoD, and came back for legion.

I wholeheartedly disagree. You should not be able to competitively gear for PvP by doing only PvE content and vice versa. At most, current mythic level raid gear should be the equivalent of a full set of the lowest current level of PvP gear. Similarly, gladiator level PvP gear should be the equivalent of the a full set of LFR gear for PvE.

The two are vastly different in their requirements and skill set and thus should have completely separate gear sets that benefit the play style they were obtained in.

4 Likes

I PvP and raid and I agree that the gear should be entirely different in terms of power. I would have no problem playing both to get both sets of gear. The fact that covenant abilities are going to have more of an impact on your ability to PvP than any sort of PvP gear makes no sense to me. Talking about choices but the choice you make should be whether or not you want to actually play the content and earn the rewards and gain the skill in them, not just pick a 1/4 ability that is going to be tailored to x area of the game

I wouldn’t go that far in the comparison, but I agree with the general gist of it.

Especially in the current model, where it’s SO MUCH EASIER to get 475 (or the equivalent in the patch) from PvE (especially in M+) than it is to play at a rating that would earn that naturally in PvP.

Though on a slight tangent, M+ gearing has completely killed WoW gearing for the mid/low end with it rendering anything under Heroic Gear essentially unusable.

1 Like

Pvp vendors will probably not be higher than heroic raid gear with high rating. I doubt they’ll put anything higher, you’ll have to rely on your weekly caches for mythic gear like you already do.

PVP vendors to provide PVP players with PVP gear makes perfect sense. But what I don’t like is when a non-PVP reward is only available from PVP. Don’t force players to play in a way they don’t enjoy. I doubt PVP players would be thrilled if the only way to get the best PVP gear was to do a fishing tournament.

We’re all paying customers. Reward people for their play style. Don’t force people into a play style they don’t enjoy to get things unrelated to a specific play style. I have no problem with PVP players having a PVP vendor for cool PVP gear. Mythic dungeons drop great gear for raiders. I don’t raid, thus I don’t need raiding gear. But I shouldn’t have to “gear up” to do mythics because a crafting component I need only drops in mythics and it is BOP.

Everyone cries when they someone else gets something they didn’t, or couldn’t.
This isn’t a PvE or PvP player thing, it’s an everyone thing.

1 Like