Will pathfinder achievement transfer over with faction change?

If I transfer to horde, will my pathfinder part one achievement transfer as well? Or will I have to do all the horde quest lines to get it again?

Many reputations will exchange, however the quest chains will reset, so probably not.

2 Likes

Honestly do t know, but the achievement being accou t wide it might stay too

Speculation though. Sorry I do t have better for you.

If you have completed the achievement already, it is done no matter faction changing or race changing etc. If it is a work in progress, the incomplete aspects will still need to be completed.

3 Likes

I’d assume the reputation part would remain the same, as reputations convert over with a faction change.

The explorer part is faction-neutral, so it would remain, along with the world quests part probably?

If you’re partway through the zone quests and war campaign, they’ll reset as Coniferus said.

Thank you all for your replies, but can anybody 100% confirm if the achievement will transfer over? Coniferus are you 100% positive pathfinder will transfer over?

Part of pathfinder as we all know is doing all of your zone storylines, which wouldn’t be done if I transfer to horde. I have pathfinder on alliance already, but I wouldn’t meet the requirement on horde if I transfer. I guess I’m not going to transfer unless I know for sure 100% pathfinder will transfer without doing all the horde storylines.

Then you have Pathfinder done. It’s account-wide. Log on to a Horde character and you’ll see the achievement listed there.

3 Likes

Pathfinder is a blue achievement which means it’s account based not character based. So if it is listed as completed for you, faction really doesn’t matter, therefore faction changing won’t cause you to lose progress.

3 Likes

Pathfinder shows as completed on all my characters, even the ones that aren’t on BfA content yet. They all got it when I completed it on my Human Warlock main. All my characters, Horde and Alliance, have WoD and Legion Pathfinders as well even though I only ever completed them on the same Human Warlock.

The only issue I can see is that Pathfinder Part 2 could require completion of the next part of the War Campaign. If you faction-change you may need to complete the Horde War Campaign to progress it in 8.2. For the Horde, the War Campaign quests are given out by Nathanos Blightcaller on the boat “Banshee’s Wail” in the harbor of Dazar’alor. You would need to do these to open up the areas on Kul Tiras for World Quests for your Horde characters, even though you already have them for Alliance.

1 Like

Correct. It’s considered a meta-achievement, and progress towards it should be account-wide. As noted anything in-progress won’t carry over during a faction change but any completed achievements should.

5 Likes

Thank you all so much for your help

3 Likes