Will my recruit a friend turn in become void?

So basically I have been sitting on a recruit a friend reward turn in for over a year waiting for something unique to come out. With the changes happening will I be able to keep on to that turn in in hopes something cool gets released or should I spend it before the new system rolls out.

Would really like to know,

Thanks

You’ll retain the ability to redeem Recruit a Friend rewards from the 2.0 version we are currently on, but as far as I am aware there are no new rewards planned for that promotion. You will not be able to use the old reward system to claim 3.0 rewards.

Alright, thanks. Are there new mounts/pets planned for the new system?

We haven’t seen any of the rewards yet, so I can’t say for certain, but I imagine so.

I’m glad someone was finally able to get an answer to this seeing as I’ve asked several times since it was originally announced. I’m considerably less pleased that the 4 rewards I still had forthcoming beyond already having all the current rewards turned into a couple hundred dollars of wasted money.

We didn’t have the answer previously.

I’m sorry, Spud, but at no point were additional rewards guaranteed.

3 Likes

Fair enough, but new rewards are coming, are they not? A new system doesn’t return the money I spent on a system you guys were pushing hard with a wealth of pets and mounts.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-2-5-ptr-development-notes/237019
The note in that post about 8.2.5 is what is currently publicly known about the updated RaF. Around the release of 8.2.5 we will probably be told more.

You know that you’re the one who paid for it without any guarantees, correct?

2 Likes

New rewards for the previous promotion? No. The 2.0 Recruit a Friend promotion provided up to 8 rewards (4 mounts and 4 pets) when the recruited player purchased 2 months of game time. Those mounts and pets are listed in the original blog announcement.

It had a FAQ That answered questions like:

• I’ve recruited someone already – can I do it again?
  • Can I get every Recruit a Friend pet and mount?

Which said, yes you can continue to recruit additional people if you wish and that you can earn all of the rewards.

At no point did it say that we’d be releasing additional mounts or pets. If your goal was to get additional Recruit a Friend rewards beyond the 8 advertised, I’m sorry, but that wasn’t the offer and assuming differently isn’t something we can take responsibility for.

The promotion, at its most basic messaging stated you could “Choose From Multiple Rewards”, which is a far cry from “a wealth of pets and mounts”. The blog I already linked states “you can choose from 8 different mounts and pet rewards” in the very first sentence.

It should be noted that even if you received all 8 mount and pet rewards, you still would have received the month of game time for those qualifying recruits.

I’m sorry if you are expecting more, but as far as I know the 2.0 Recruit a Friend promotion will not receive additional rewards. We don’t have any specifics for the 3.0 Recruit a Friend promotion. I imagine there will be new rewards, but we’ll have to wait and see and to clarify again, qualification for mounts/pets from version 2.0 will not apply to the 3.0 rewards.

3 Likes

I appreciate you taking the time to answer, but you do realize that they added more to what they initially had, yes? They added the Cindermane Charger during WoD, so for me to think that perhaps more rewards were coming isn’t too hard for a stretch. The money isn’t really an issue, I was more annoyed that I didn’t have an answer and you’ve done that.