Will faction shard distribution ever be addressed?

Why is it there always seems to be a 10:1 faction ratio in shards that makes the game virtually unplayable? I know, you can disable War Mode, but not if you’re trying to complete a CTA weekly. It is wildly absurd there is not a way for the game to distribute faction participation evenly across shards. Has this ever been addressed by a Blue post? Is this something that is possible and hopefully being worked on for Shadowlands?

6 Likes

The answer is in the countless threads on the very subject. I suggest you look them up.

2 Likes

Blizzard came up with a solution in 8.1, but the Horde complained.

1 Like

And what solution was that?

1 Like

I think the original solution was giving an ever-increasing bonus to the minority representation concerning warmode. (Which basically meant bonus rewards to alliance only.)

Whereas now, its bonus rewards to horde-only, with the exception of Tuesdays when Alliance all group to knock out their Call to Arms.

1 Like

Alliance have the same options Horde do but choose not to enable it. They have no interest in wPVP and when given free gear or extra incentives only proved they’d turn it on until the quest were complete then it was back to WM off.

It’s not much of a solution to reward 1 faction for doing the exact same as their counter part. Horde was right to complain.

IMO there should be no incentives for wPVP be it Horde or Alliance.

3 Likes

rewarding players with heroic ilvl gear for hosting a 40-player raid that zerg people who fly into terrace of the devoted was a silly idea, and im glad its gone. far from a “solution”.

4 Likes

That was cancelled within days of release but Horde still whines about it a year later.

1 Like

Yea, its easy to say that because it looks the same on paper.

That’s just not entirely true. There are plenty of Alliance players that would both like a) warmode on, and b) the 10% bonus it entails.

However, very few players would want to go into warmode when you are outnumbered 30-1 or more (probably you included.)

It becomes a self-fullfilling doomsday scenario for alliance that would otherwise want to engage.

There are reasons that pvp realms do not exist anymore. Was it really that cool the horde on Mal’ganis that were like “hey i’m a wpvp god!” when yea its easy to be a pvp god when its literally 250-1. lol.

Agreed. And obviously the current system is not a solution either, unless the solution is just to make progression 10% easier for Horde players. (Maybe?)

Ok back to the OP:

There are possible solutions. Let me spitball for 10 seconds… how about, make it a queue system to turn on warmode? Lets say there can be 5 shards with WM (or 10, or 2, w/e.) Now Blizz keeps the faction balance from ever going beyond 55:45 representation. So, all these super-awesome-wpvp gods-hordies then join a queue, and when a spot opens they can join WM and prove it.

That would be one solution. Is it perfect? idk. I really only gave about 45 seconds thought to it.

3 Likes

“a few days” - try a few WEEKS, before it got nerfed to normal ilvl gear, which was still a great welfare catchup gear piece.

1 Like

all of warmode is just a damn mess - its clear that they do balancing based on the entire server, and not based on shard, which is a huge mistake.

4 Likes

It might have taken weeks for the Horde to realize it, but Ion made the announcement within two days.

I have to say as a player that has had war mode on since it came out, today was one of the roughest days. I was there to complete the vale to finish with the zone forever (rep) and did a /who. There were 8 Alliance players there, including me. I counted 17 Horde at one of the bonus events.

I got it done, but it was rough…

1 Like

Where? Where are these Horde whining about something that hasn’t been in game for a year?

damn dude, december 11th to january 29th was “a few days”? the more you know I guess! lol!

1 Like

This I can completely agree with.

Now, to illustrate, (and this is hypothetical) lets say that I play Alliance but that I also enjoy some pvp, and also would like to enjoy the free 10% bonus to everything that has a number.

I have 2 options:

1. Get destroyed everywhere I go because i’m outnumbered 25-1, and therefore cannot complete any quests to earn the reward.
  2. I can pay to transfer to Horde, where i further perpetuate the problem and then get to say I’m a superior Horde WM on pvp-god. Keep in mind that I basically never have to prove this claim, other than Tuesdays when I finally see some alliance groups around.

And apparently when I do see some Alliance groups around (only on Tuesdays, mind you) I find this in the forums:

imagine the irony.

3 Likes

I know exactly what you’re talking about - on this warlock (and all characters on this realm) if I go into warmode, I’d say MOST of the time its 80:20 ally to horde, but the second I hop on my druid on area 52 (which is also horde) its like 95:5 horde to alliance.

this system needs to be overhauled - I feel like I can hop on warmode for my druid ez and get free 10% rewards, but on my lock its actually rather risky.

1 Like

That’s why I said a lot and not all. Obviously there are Alliance that want to wPVP but there are a looootttt that don’t. They proved they don’t when they received the AOO question, completed it and then turned it back off.

Probably because the WOW community shrunk which is also why we have sharding.

It doesn’t matter to me. I don’t WM only if it’s balanced. I didn’t turn it on knowing either side was going to be outnumbered. I turned it on because I enjoy wPVP and if I find myself in a situation where I’m outnumbered like that, I leave or find another location.
I do play both sides.

1 Like

Right here:

Did you even read the thread?

He responded to you.
FAILED try again