Will chronicles 4 whitewash...I mean "soften" Sylvanas

They already did soften her image in her own book.

Sylvanas is redeemable, and likely returning to her people one day.

5 Likes

Even when Sylvanas isn’t actively participating in the story, her haters live in constant, ever present fear of her inevitable return. How delectible to witness.

8 Likes

The forsaken heritage quest ending for the loyalists does hint that she might be back in the future, in some capacity. She just won’t be a leader.

Perhaps she’ll be with the Dark Rangers. That would be cool

I notice there’s something about powerful or strong women in WoW and some people still hating and fearing them. It’s a weird phenomenon to still be witnessing in 2024

4 Likes

Yeah, Jaina gets the same attitude from the Horde’s chud population. Tyrande to a lesser degree as well.

4 Likes

During BFA it seems they didn’t exactly figure out what they wanted to do with Sylvanas.

From the burning of Teldrassil being seemingly a lapse of judgment based on rage, to now being a very intentional event to cause mass death and destruction, to her internal monologue in one of the books being clear she did not want the role of Warchief to that being planned in advance by the jailer with the help of muezhala.

I don’t know if I like sylvanas or not tbh, she is certainly not the coolest elf racial leader that wields a bow and got a massive powerup leading to shadowlands, thats for sure.

2 Likes

Leader of the Forsaken maybe but she’s still my Warchief. Tbf even Sylvanas wasn’t opposed to the Desolate Council she understood she couldn’t do it all.

If anything, Sylvanas’s Shadowlands arc and her already going through the Dark Night of the Soul in SL makes her a great leader and role model in TWW. She’s proven she could be a mentor/friend to Anduin.

Plus her BFA plot with Xal’atath and Azshara would be interesting to revisit.

1 Like

She is going to part of this conversation because she is literally a cause of two of the four expansions this book will discuss.

Redeemable? Possibly? Return? Nah, if anything as I mentioned before she is likely to get the Malygos/Sindragosa treatment of being given a farewell.

Keep living that delulu Zerde.

2 Likes

She’s probably/most likely will be coming back. Likely time will be in Midnight, when blizz does the whole elven reunification thing Metzen mentioned at Blizzcond

3 Likes

Sounds more like Horde vs Alliance than that other stuff.

Those “Horde chuds” who hate Jaina kiss Sylvanas feet seem fine with Thalyssra and Talanji.

Those Alliance fans raging about Sylvanas don’t object to Jaina and Tyrande being powerful.

And I’m not exactly seeing complains about powerful female characters like Alexstraza. Perhaps WoW feminists be tilting at windmills.

2 Likes

Point is, people who hate women in IRL and in video games aren’t rational about their hatred’s or even intelligent in general. Apparently there’s a bunch of cave dwellers on social media upset because Tess is the Queen of gilneas and making stupid Girlboss comments, even though everyone knew that she was going to be Queen inevitably down the line.

(And to be frank, I was only mad about the questline, not Tess herself. She’s a fine character. Just hasn’t done much to warrant liking her as a character at the moment. But if blizz does more with her, I’ll warm up to her eventually)

6 Likes

Intelligent people are not infallible and can still have stupid prejudices. And there’s nothing about the Scarlet Crusade that suggests hatred of women.

I’m fine with Tess being in charge, I think it made no sense for Genn to abdicate at that time.

1 Like

I’m not talking about the Crusade, nor did I mention them in that post. It’s irrelevant

5 Likes

You know Jaina isn’t that bad although she can be that one person whose always has to be so cold and frosty at times… However, what I think we all need to be mindful of with her is the following:

There is also the likely possibility that the whole tree burning situation could have been something like this:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

There’s nothing to redeem.

An encyclopaedia by DK cannot redeem Sylvanas… AT ALL!!!

1 Like

Or Blizzard is moving on from all the old characters and like it or not they are positioning Calia as the new Forsaken head honcho.

I would also point out Blizzard might throw their owb curve ball and do something about Arthas. Maybe soft retcon the whole “his soul is gone/any soul can be permanently destroyed”.

Can you please read and understand things before posting. Just once? I didn’t say Sylvanas was coming back to lead. I just said she’s most likely coming back.

You would have known that if you understood what I actually wrote

3 Likes

Of that I have already said she will likely comeback. Only to get shoved out the door a la Malygos/Sindragosa.

There is likely zero reason to keep such s lightning rod of controversy as a significant part of WoW’s story.

There’s tons of reasons to keep her around. You not liking her isn’t one of those reasons.

3 Likes

Her story is done. She is not getting a do over. And Blizzard seems intent to slowly retire their old heroes. Which include her.